Nail won't regrow... Any advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceymackey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a skin geek, so cannot help my Mum myself. Thirty-five years ago she slammed her finger in car door. It has never regrown. I have just recommended shellac after seeing her polish, but she is embarrassed about her nail. Could anyone offer any ideas as to what a nail tech could do for her??

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327640304.870121.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1327640304.870121.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 267
Bio sculpture gel do what is called a "sculpture". It uses the gel to extend the nail. So no heavy buffing or fake nail tip etc. Feels very natural and it is slightly flexible. Having gel overlays on the rest of the nails would look very natural :)

She could have that one nail enhanced and made to look beautiful and completely natural and never be embarrassed again! :hug: I would use L&P personally.

I have a thumb nail that is even more horrible looking! I cut the thumb off at the end when I was small and they re-attached it, but of course the nail is really weird looking. I enhance just that one nail and it looks perfect AND it grows ever so slowly so only needs a re-do every 5 weeks or so.

Shellac would be perfect for her nails and the enhanced thumb and no need for her to be embarrassed ... We nail techs have seen much worse believe me.

I would use l&p on this to make it look perfect. In fact I already do a similar thing for a couple of ladies who have had ingrown toenail ops and really only have a stump of nail left and had been miserable for years about it . . . . but now area sporting beautiful whole nails made from l&p

Your Mum's nail could 100% look perfect again, she could wear Shellac over them all. I wish you lived near me!

Latest posts

Back