Nail wraps and top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have been searching the threads to find an answer to this. I use L&P and the whole world of gel and gel polishes is new to me. I recently trained in Entity and in my kit I got a UV topcoat.

Anyhowwwww, I have been trying out nail wraps. So far I have tried Kooky and also Millenium. The Kooky ones I have applied on fingernails and they lasted about 4 days before looking shabby. I followed the correct prep, (prepped the same as if i was going to apply a set of acrylics). After I did the set, I also applied a layer of air dry top coat.

Now I know I should have got longer out of them. What I am interested from finding out from you geeks is - do you use a top coat and if so do you use a normal top coat, a UV top coat or a gel top coat? Do you think if I applied the UV topcoat I got in my kit that this would give the wraps more longevity? Do I need to buy a special gel topcoat? like the ones you use on the gel polish systems?

I know they dont last as long on fingers as they do toes but I was hoping that they would have lasted longer than they did. The ones pictured are the Kooky ones.

I will attach a photo.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• beth a.jpg
    beth a.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 328
  • beth b.jpg
    beth b.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 882
Well I only use minx I alway put a top coat ( shellac) on fingers I got 3 weeks on my own nails. On toes I put a top if they are going abroad on holiday because of the heat and sun creams etc xxx

I use a few brands. Minx, Lynx & Chix. I do not top coat and still get 2 weeks on fingers.

If they are applied correctly with the free edge sealed and propper aftercare is followed then I feel there is no need for a top coat at all.

Definatley no top coat on toes as they last extreemly well without it and the ease of removal would be affected if you top coated too.

Latest posts

Back