Nailart using photo in nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loo

Reaction score
Here is another attempt at nail art using liquid and powder acrylic overlaying a real photo this is one of my holiday snaps of Antigua beach!!! mmmmm wish I was still there the weather is horrible here!! :sad: Oh well can look at the photo in nail to remind me of my hols!!! :D

Attachments

• Holiday photo in nail.jpg
    Holiday photo in nail.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 542
loo said:
Here is another attempt at nail art using liquid and powder acrylic overlaying a real photo this is one of my holiday snaps of Antigua beach!!! mmmmm wish I was still there the weather is horrible here!! :sad: Oh well can look at the photo in nail to remind me of my hols!!! :D
Great idea Lucy :cool: - looks lovely! I daren't put holiday pics on my nails...people would think I was crazy as I'd be forever staring down and moping into my fingernails wishing I were still there!!!

Yes the weather is horrible here too - just dreading the snow to come and having to skate about on that, and the inevitable ice to follow, in the car...

hi there,
What a fab idea, I like thisand have read posts before with regards to sticking photos and dollar bills into the nail, can you tell me how this is done, I am itching to try it out and whether it can be done with other systems like gel etc?

Thanks
Grace x

grace said:
hi there,
What a fab idea, I like thisand have read posts before with regards to sticking photos and dollar bills into the nail, can you tell me how this is done, I am itching to try it out and whether it can be done with other systems like gel etc?

Thanks
Grace x

I was just having a play around with the acrylic on sample nail tips. Firstly I cut the photo to fit the inside of the centre or largest part of the nail then put a layer of clear acrylic onto nail tip then used nail adhesive to stick photo on and overlayed it with clear acrylic again. Not sure if this is how it is done normally as I just had a creative urge to try something different! There are some more of my photo nails and 3d stuff on the thread called 3d nails beginner in nail art forum, have you seen? :D

Hey thanks for that i will try this after noon, however can you tell me do you think it would work also with likepictures from mag's they would be paper. Just wondered as one could also design there own pictures onm the PC and then print them of and pop them on the nail and clear acrylic over them, or may be even gel, although I would worry about the uv light perhaps that would fade the paper?

Any ideas on this one?

Grace x

grace said:
Hey thanks for that i will try this after noon, however can you tell me do you think it would work also with likepictures from mag's they would be paper. Just wondered as one could also design there own pictures onm the PC and then print them of and pop them on the nail and clear acrylic over them, or may be even gel, although I would worry about the uv light perhaps that would fade the paper?

Any ideas on this one?

Grace x

Not sure about that but what a great idea you should try it on some practice tips and let me know!! Good luck :cool:

Hi, yes I have tried cutting a picture from a mag and popped it on the nail and then placed clear acrylic over it, hm it works but I need to practice some more I think.

I am still practicing my 3d nail art at present also, its tricky I must say but very adictive.
Grace x

ps please excuse my spellings I am lost with out the spell checker. lol

AWESOME loo!!! Beautiful!

Inlays, as I have come to call them in my salon are one of my most popular arts, and I charge $5.00 US for each nail. I tell my clients, as long as it is on paper, and 100% dry, I can inlay it. I also keep a supply of things like butterflies, hearts, and flowers on hand for them to choose from. I do alot of baby pictures, sports logos, etc.
I have found that if you "wrap" the pic around your brush handle slightly before applying to the nail, it helps with the edges not sticking up, and makes it faster and easier to apply with acrylic, rather than adhesive.
I am currently working on an idea of printing out the designs on onion paper or the like, so that it will be more transparent. I will let you know how it turns out... I haven't tried it with gels yet, for I too have been wondering about the uv...trying it out on a tip is a good idea....hmmmm now the wheels are turning....lol

Georgie Porgie said:
AWESOME loo!!! Beautiful!

Inlays, as I have come to call them in my salon are one of my most popular arts, and I charge $5.00 US for each nail. I tell my clients, as long as it is on paper, and 100% dry, I can inlay it. I also keep a supply of things like butterflies, hearts, and flowers on hand for them to choose from. I do alot of baby pictures, sports logos, etc.
I have found that if you "wrap" the pic around your brush handle slightly before applying to the nail, it helps with the edges not sticking up, and makes it faster and easier to apply with acrylic, rather than adhesive.
I am currently working on an idea of printing out the designs on onion paper or the like, so that it will be more transparent. I will let you know how it turns out... I haven't tried it with gels yet, for I too have been wondering about the uv...trying it out on a tip is a good idea....hmmmm now the wheels are turning....lol

What brilliant ideas Georgie. Will you let us know how the printing on onion paper turns out :biggrin:
The more ideas we have the better we become.

This is another cool idea. if someone wants to put a picture of say a grandchild, how big or small should the picture be? When you do the baby pictures do you take the picture home and scan it into a computer and then size, or do you have your customer bring you the correct size. Thank you for showing us this great idea, I would certainly like to try it.
Suzanne

If a client wants a photo of the correct size they could bring the photo negative page from their photos. ( You know the page of small preview photos you get with your set ) Thats what I used to do the one of my boyfriend and I on holiday and just cut it to size, it does need to be curled round to fit the nail shape first for a better fit!!!! Another way of doing it is to scan in the pictures and change the size but this is more time consuming. ;)

Give it a go with a small photo here are some muck around samples.

Attachments

• photo nails.jpg
    photo nails.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 333
  • photo nails 2.jpg
    photo nails 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 269
When it comes to personal photo's, I have the client bring them sized to their nail with them. I do size them occasionally, but I charge extra for it does take a bit of time. Most of the inlays I do are about the size of an eraser thats on the end of a pencil and smaller. I like to do them out on the free edge of pink and whites. I have never tried a larger photo like yours loo... but that is just an awesome idea... I will be giving it a go soon!
I will let you all know how the onion paper works out....

God bless

Georgie Porgie said:
When it comes to personal photo's, I have the client bring them sized to their nail with them. I do size them occasionally, but I charge extra for it does take a bit of time. Most of the inlays I do are about the size of an eraser thats on the end of a pencil and smaller. I like to do them out on the free edge of pink and whites. I have never tried a larger photo like yours loo... but that is just an awesome idea... I will be giving it a go soon!
I will let you all know how the onion paper works out....

God bless
Thanks guys for the suggestions, Georgie, do you have an about pixel size, to give me some idea about where to start, maybe 30x30 pixel? Like an avatar? I am not good at the printing picture thing, since I eyeball almost everything I do :D
thanks Suzanne

loo said:
If a client wants a photo of the correct size they could bring the photo negative page from their photos. ( You know the page of small preview photos you get with your set ) Thats what I used to do the one of my boyfriend and I on holiday and just cut it to size, it does need to be curled round to fit the nail shape first for a better fit!!!! Another way of doing it is to scan in the pictures and change the size but this is more time consuming. ;)

Give it a go with a small photo here are some muck around samples.
Great, thanks so much for the suggestions, and cute picture of you and your boyfriend. I think I might play around with it a bit and see what happens. I will let you know how it comes out.
Suzanne

I pretty much eyeball most everything also..lol I'm not sure about the pixels, I would start at 30x30 or smaller and see how it prints. If I hold my ring finger up to the screen, an avitar drowns me..for my hand, I would need at least 1/2 the size of an avitar.( Good thing most of my clients are bigger than me! lol) My photo program actually lets me size with my mouse just before printing. Sorry I'm not much help.

God Bless

ummmmmm I love this idea, I can imagine using a pic of betty boop! :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back