Nailbiters - extending the nailbed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
What does this mean? I had a biter in last week, her nails were so badly bitten that she had bitten half the bed off, never mind the free edge! The flesh at the end of the nail was "bulging" and I thought this would cause problems getting the tips to stick. Anyway fortunately it didnt. I used formation tips, she had a natural finish as I cant custom blend yet and the white would have had to be ridiculously low to meet her free edge.
The tips went on well, I was pleased with the result, so was the client, she has agreed to weekly rebalance appointments until they "settle in".

I've heard the term "extending the nailbed" used before. I've always thought this meant using a custom blend to elongate the look of the nailbed, but having read the Feb Scratch, there was an article that said many people wont even know what this term means, I'm wondering if I'm one of them!

Am I right? Is it custom blending? If not is this something you can explain to me or do I need to book some training?

Thanks for your help

Hiya,

After placing your whites where they look good, you can use a "cover" pink or a "camouflage" pink, normally much more opaque than your usual pink powder, to create the illusion of a longer nailbed, and thus cover up the area where the biter's own nail bed ends and bring the cover pink up to meet with the white. You would be able to do this without additional training, whereas with Custom Blending you would need to book a course. hth xx

What does this mean? I had a biter in last week, her nails were so badly bitten that she had bitten half the bed off, never mind the free edge! The flesh at the end of the nail was "bulging" and I thought this would cause problems getting the tips to stick. Anyway fortunately it didnt. I used formation tips, she had a natural finish as I cant custom blend yet and the white would have had to be ridiculously low to meet her free edge.
The tips went on well, I was pleased with the result, so was the client, she has agreed to weekly rebalance appointments until they "settle in".

I've heard the term "extending the nailbed" used before. I've always thought this meant using a custom blend to elongate the look of the nailbed, but having read the Feb Scratch, there was an article that said many people wont even know what this term means, I'm wondering if I'm one of them!

Am I right? Is it custom blending? If not is this something you can explain to me or do I need to book some training?

Yes, they mean Custom Blending.

Latest posts

Back