Naillover would like your comments!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
Naillover would like your comments on the attached pictures - they are his feet and would like to know what your opions are!!

Every month my wife and I get a pedicure and manicure at local salons. I absolutely love the way her French nails look. I often comment on how jealous I am that men can’t have their nails look that nice. Nope…just a simple pedi and clear polish. Last month while sitting in the chair with the regular group getting a pedi a lady next to me said she thought it would be nice to see guys with nice toenails and not those ugly yellow things. My wife said “why don’t you get a French, I think it would be neat.”. I still couldn’t muster up the guts…but with the support of a few of the people at The Nail Geek I agreed to get it done. Besides if I don’t like it Ill simply wipe them off. I later found out that this is the wrong thing to say to a nail tech
It started off like any other pedicure. My wife told the nail tech what she wanted and I went along. Following the chair Lee my nail girl asked if I wanted to lay on the water jet massage table while she did my feet. My wife told me while I was laying there I should get a facial as well. So with Lee on my feet and Kim on my face I was Massaged and painted and poked and plucked. It felt awesome. About 15 minutes into the procedure my wife came up and said she was done and wanted to hit several stores including the Wal mart store before she met me back at the house. I told her that I could get the Wal mart if she got the others and we agreed. I had no idea what to expect. I was starting to enjoy the attention when I realized it was taking longer than hers usually does. Lee told me that I had bigger toes and that’s why it was taking so long. About ten minutes later it was done. I sat up and looked at my feet. There were a perfect set of French toenails staring back at me. They looked awesome. Women in the salon came over while they worked on me and all of them said that these were going to look great and that I would love them.
Lee told me that my wife said don’t forget to go to the Wal mart because she needed several items or we would not eat. I went to get my shoes only to discover that my wife had replaced them with open toed sandals. Where’s the acetone I proclaimed. It wont help said lee…you see you now have what we refer to as a perfect set of Forever French acrylic toenails. Secretly my heart raced. After learning what had been done to me I looked outside of the salon before running to my car. Before leaving Dianne who is a regular said, “Reinhold, Forget about it.. Nobody looks at your feet and besides if they notice they probably would not say anything to a 6 ft 2inch 255 lb guy.
I got to the Walmart took a deep breath and walked in. My shoulders scrunched as I heard my name called out loud inside the store. It was my good friend Joel who Is a well respected physician in our town. His wife Rosalee was standing next to him. Rosalee looked down and gasp…”your toes look awesome” she said. Rosalee then slapped Joel about the shoulders and said, “Why don’t you do stuff like that for me.” Not 5 minutes from the salon and my good friend is being beaten because of my toes.
I was in the checkout lane when a woman behind me got my attention…”Your feet look great where did you get it done?” It was becoming more and more clear that people would notice.
For those of you who know about me, you will notice I am a professional photographer for NASCAR and the National Football league. Sunday night I was on the sidelines of the Cincinatti vs Jacksonville Football game. I had on a black pair of tennis shoes with no socks. Moments after the start of the game I got rocks in my shoes from the warning track that surrounds the infield grass. I quietly leaned against the wall and checked to see that nobody was looking. I removed my shoe and dumped out the rocks. As I was putting the shoe back on when the cheerleader coach who I did not see along the wall to my right said. Take your shoe back off. I said why?” “Did I see what I think I saw?” I cried out it was my wife’s idea!!” Before I knew it I had half of the Jacksonville Cheerleaders ogling over my feet. Every comment was positive. Today I sit here in my open toe sandals and tell you this story because my wife thought it was a good day to wash all of my tennis shoes. We joke about it now…as I grow accustomed to them. I even think that next month I will get a fill. I like them and in the long run that’s all that matters. It’s my wife’s and I secret. Or at least for now until the photos taken on the sideline hit the internet. I like them my wife said….They will look so neat in the fishnet stockings you’ll be wearing on Halloween !!!!! help!

Attachments

• LMAO.jpg
    LMAO.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 272
  • LMAO 2.jpg
    LMAO 2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 261
I cannot believe these are a mans feet (where are the hairy legs) LOL

And the tan - better than mine!

everybody's boat gets rocked by something different, and a man with french on toes (or fingers) just dont do it for me, if my hubby had them on i would take a butchers knife to them:twisted: ,
as for the pic, yep it is a nice french but just the thought of them on a man made me cringe, but if we all liked the same thing and had the same opinion the world would be a boreing place, so naillover if you are happy with them good for you:)

Naillover will be online either later or tomorrow to read your comments and reply!

I have never seen french on a guy before now!

Nailov​

Well You Have Nicer Feet Than Me!!!!!:)

Caz Xxx

Nice looking feet!! but on a man, sorry not for me!!...lol :lol:

doesn't do it for me either... sorry...
as Tracy said though, if we were all the same then it'd be a boring old world.

Maybe if we saw the whole picture it might be better - just the thought of a 6ft2 bloke walking around with those toes makes me what to giggle :eek: xxx

Naillover - pic of you and the toes please (a full body shot)!

Well i think they look superb, nice legs too.
Every man should have these done, they have just about every other beauty product on them these days. good on ya mate !!! :)

Yes a photo of you would be great then we can put the feet with a face LOL!!!!!

Caz xxx

Lovely french but not sure if i would appreciate my guy having this done. Although if it was a more natural frnech so it enhanced your real toenails then that would be another matter, maybe a soft white instead of the bright white, this wold amke your toenails look clena nd healthy.

have to say though nice feet lol and your a star for showing us all.
x

Well Well Well ! a bunch of different comments ...some good and some bad.. What started off as fun has become somewhat of an experiment. FingertipsND has been wonderful in helping me by posting what we spoke of privately. Without her help I would just always wonder what people thought. So first lets answer some questions.
1. Lack of hair on legs? I play Ice Hockey three days a week on a league. This requires lots and lots of tape around the knees and ankles so like most of the team I keep them shaved. and yes the team got a kick out of my feet as well. Some have been very interested in knowing more.
2. As for the tan.....Hellooooo I live in Florida !! LOL
3. As for the nice legs and feet.......Thanks
4. A full body shot will be forthcoming.
5 As for cutting them off with a Butchers knife...please Try Acetone first....LOL

I am secure in my manhood so much so that I am able to try this stunt. I must say that all and I mean all of the comments in person have been very positive. People do not like ugly yellow split toenails. Who knows I might start a new trend so you all can charge more for your services. Imagine doubling your clientel.

Thanks FingertipsND

Why not get the rest of the team doing it for a chraity event and raise soem funds wih the help of the gilrs in the nail bar. just a thought
x

good on ya for posting a pic of your french toenails...
my hubby (being in the construction industry) would get ribbed something chronic if he ever had his toenails done any way other than natural...
i don't think you had any bad comments, just honest feedback :wink2:
if you're happy with your toes then go for it :)

You Gals haqve been great !!!! I am starting to have fun with this.... Personally I like them. If it is out of the norm then so be it. Next to the ice rink lies a tatoo parlour that permanantly marks your body, they pierce their noses, eyes, cheeks and bellies. Ear holes are now almost an inch in diamiter. To me thats extreme. All I did was get a french pedicure.... Cooool.
Living by my motto

yours truly
naillover

please keep the comments comming.

arent they impractical if you play ice hockey?

HI there,
Well my son, (who is a female impersonator by trade) so he is used to putting on a frock etc. took one look at them and said.............

CLOSET TRANNY lol.

No offence meant, only good hearted humour. You sound like a man who can take a bit of leg pulling, and believe me, when you have had a son like mine (who thinks nothing of turning up looking like Lilly Savage or even Julie Andrews from the sound of music) nothing shocks me any more.

Good on you mate.

hahaha PMSL!!!!

OOOh id love to see some pics of your son!!

Cameo Val said:
HI there,
Well my son, (who is a female impersonator by trade) so he is used to putting on a frock etc. took one look at them and said.............

CLOSET TRANNY lol.

No offence meant, only good hearted humour. You sound like a man who can take a bit of leg pulling, and believe me, when you have had a son like mine (who thinks nothing of turning up looking like Lilly Savage or even Julie Andrews from the sound of music) nothing shocks me any more.

Good on you mate.

To be honest I prefer my husbands natural toenails. Not sure about this look. :suprised:

Perhaps it may take off in the UK? After all men's beauty is said to be on the increase. Unfortunately for me I haven't treated a male client for ages. My husband wants a spray tan later so that's one customer, unfortunately he won't have to pay me for it.:cry:

Latest posts

Back