Naillover would like your comments!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be great if it became fashionable, it'd boost all of our incomes! I have loads of men coming into my salon for sunbeds & you can see them watching my nail clients having their nails done. Occassionally they will ask something about it but I still don't have any male nail clients. Let's make it fashionable for men to have their nails done & get some extra clients! Only problem is, I wouldn't fancy doing that first pedicure with years of hard skin, eww. Have to get someone else to do them first!Nice feet by the way, think I'd go for a more subtle shade of white & a little shorter but the french looks fab.

To be honest, I find that men who come and get a pedicure have feet that are in much better condition than womens. I've seen some beautiful, elegant women and when it comes to their feet....I'm thinking to myself, my god woman, I think you'd be better off finding a blacksmith. Hard skin ingrained with months of dirt. It takes nothing to run a foot file over them and moisturise the feet. After a treatment I always tell my clients that their feet are their chariot so look after them and they will continue to carry you....lol
nicjill said:
It'd be great if it became fashionable, it'd boost all of our incomes! I have loads of men coming into my salon for sunbeds & you can see them watching my nail clients having their nails done. Occassionally they will ask something about it but I still don't have any male nail clients. Let's make it fashionable for men to have their nails done & get some extra clients! Only problem is, I wouldn't fancy doing that first pedicure with years of hard skin, eww. Have to get someone else to do them first!Nice feet by the way, think I'd go for a more subtle shade of white & a little shorter but the french looks fab.

Jaydee said:
To be honest, I find that men who come and get a pedicure have feet that are in much better condition than womens. I've seen some beautiful, elegant women and when it comes to their feet....I'm thinking to myself, my god woman, I think you'd be better off finding a blacksmith. Hard skin ingrained with months of dirt. It takes nothing to run a foot file over them and moisturise the feet. After a treatment I always tell my clients that their feet are their chariot so look after them and they will continue to carry you....lol

I wonder has that anything to do with the fact that we squeeze our feet into too narrow, tooo pointy and toooooooo high pretty shoes!:)

You have hit the nail straight on the head but what I cannot understand for the life of me is, everyone uses shampoo and conditioner, the majority of women and men nowadays, cleanse, tone and moisturise their face so why do they not give their feet a scrub over with a file and moisturise them, we all know the benefits of having a pedi and how fresh and light on our feet we feel afterwards so why not have that good feeling all the time.
David
Suzie.e said:
I wonder has that anything to do with the fact that we squeeze our feet into too narrow, tooo pointy and toooooooo high pretty shoes!:)

It's no secret that I have admired nails my whole life. Secretly I would love to have a full set of perfectly manicured nails on both my hands and feet with the oppertunity to change colors and styles to meet the need for the event. But thats not ther norm. I am married to a lovely lady and on our 16 th year. Dressing in suits and tie or fashionable shorts and a dress shirt are common place in most mens lives. We still roll up our sleeves and pantlegs to climb into concrete or dig ditches. We go 4 wheeling and cycle riding. Basketball, Softball and Hockey are sports that show how tough men can be.
But then I looked around and guess what I saw. Julie and Jean are two lovely women who sit next to me on the bench at hockey. Julie is my left winger and Jean my fellow Center. At softball we have a female pitcher and right center fielder and after a female finished fourth at this years Indianapolis 500 race...well its clear we now live in a different world.
Some of you have male clients and all of our feet are not so bad. Besides if they were then we would need your talents to fix them. Doctors don't necessarily like digging their hands into a human chest but it is sometimes necessary. You are our nail doctors. You make our skin smooth and clean. My wife and I snuggle several nights a week and rub feet and hold hands. I know of many marriages that could use more time like that.
I was Pleasantly Supprised when my wife suggested that I have my toes done in french. My heart raced as I thought of the possibility. They are feet and can be hidden as our little secret. But why should they be? She has gotten as many comments as I have on how her friends think it is kind of cool. Change is different and few people want to be the first but believe me...Many will follow. You have male clients and if you look closely or inquire you would be suprised to see how many would love to try it. The next time a man inquires about a nail proceedure don't just blow him off with a simple answer. Let him know that there are some men who do actually have enhancements and tell them they should give it a try. Tell them David ! Assure him that you can make a subtle difference so it wont be so noticable. After all it can easily be undone.
My wife has been trying to get me to quit biting my fingernails for years . Recently I had mine covered in a clear Gell and I have stopped. Its off now but it worked a whole lot better than the terrible tasting "Nail Stop" that got over food and such. Now if I can just stop accidentally tearing the tips off Ill be OK. Geeg I would love to write a column about my experiences along with photographs. After all I am a photojournalist and I have written many stories before. I am not gay, nor do I think negatively about those that are. but when it comes to my toenails ....well I guess you could say, I am out of the closet!:wink2:

I would be happy to hear your comments, critisizms or experiences. I look forward to your replies and PM's

Well I've already told my friend Alex Fox (she is a geek by the way) (editor of Scratch Magazine the number 1 selling trade mag for nails in the UK) to read this thread ... so we shall see. I think it would be great fun for you to do it and the readers would find it as entertaining as we have. Alex doesn't hang about, so we'll soon know what she thinks of the idea! Knowing her as I do I think she will love it.

Jaydee said:
I've seen some beautiful, elegant women and when it comes to their feet....I'm thinking to myself, my god woman, I think you'd be better off finding a blacksmith.

ROFLMAO. :lol:

So true David

xxxxxxx

When I purchased my first bottle of super shiney I couldn't wait to try it out so I gave my husband a pedicure but he won't ever let me practice painting his nails or anything like that so shortly after his pedicure he fell asleep in the reclining chair so I painted his toes with super shiney very quickly in case he woke up. He noticed them the next evening after he'd had a shower and kept asking me why his toe were so shiney and what I had done to them, I said nothing but pmsl. He hated a nice shine let alone anything else BORING.,

I just can't imagine doing this for a man although I must say they look great.
x

Hi again. Have to comment on the size of my son. No your right he is not 6foot 2"...................In fact he's 6foot 3" (really). But when he's got all his club act gear on, which includes one of those bones lace up corset things, he can pull his waist in to about a size 24 inch. He looks totally amazing. I have asked him to email me one of his photos which when he sends me one I will put it up on here.

I really dont see what all the fuss is about when men have their toe nails done. I think that they look great and often give my hubby a pedicure when I need a bit of practice. He loves to have it done and sits there patiently watching tv whilst I preen away at him. He's no feminine kind of man either, all hairy and with a gruff fog horn type voice, but put him in the chair and get out the nail stuff and he loves it.

For trying something different ;) . I would prefer them in a softer french as I think the french you have is just too in your face - but thats only in MHO.

Thank you for providing such an entertaining read!!!

I have been know to paint my boyfreinds toenails - generally black, or blue. He's a bit "goth-y" so pulls it off - I really quite like it too. However, that ended, the day he went to the swimming pool, forgeting about the painted toes, and spent half the session sitting in the changing rooms scraping off the nail varnish with a 2 pence peice!!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's point blank refused to let me do them since. I might do them in his sleep tho :D :wink2: (mwahahahahaha).

Nailover, go and have a look at the pictures I have put in the gallery of my son Andrew. They are in the section marked 'people'.

Wow Naillover, i am well impressed with your feet. I have to say i do regular mani's and pedi's on my hubby as he finds it relaxing and loves it when i do it for him. He also has lovely feet with virtually no hard skin so they are a joy to do.

Being a policeman, i don't think he would get away with the permanant french look to be honest. It is a shame that there is a "thing" about men looking after their feet and showing any interest in themselves as far as their nails are concened. My hubby always gets comments as to how nice his nails are as he does look after them.

Men now are allowed to use lotion on their hands and feet, so lets hope pedis with a soft french will soon come along.

Well done you for using those gorgeous legs and feet to their full potential.:wink2:

Naillover, I think you have VERY pretty feet, and it sounds like youve had great fun displaying your new toes!
Been known to practice my French P&W on my O.H too ...he often goes to work (on a building site) with p&w on his fingers. I cut them down for him but due to his job his nails get so grubby so when he is wearing whats left of my French its more than obvious as they still look so blinging! like you he is ok with it but, I think maybe I ought to give him a more natural look sometime.
He draws a line at polish though, some years ago I did paint his nails red for practice and he was horrified...especially as my bro knocked the front door just as I finished!!!
So, what plans do you have next for your feet to titilate us with?
Hope Alex takes up your story, would make for a real fun article!

Cameo Val your son can definately pass as a woman. I am sure there is big bucs in it. My friend plays in a band at a country bar in Orlando and the five of them got only $350.00 per gig. They were invited to play last minute at the parliment house which is a gay bar in orlando. Mind you they are not gay but music is music. They get $650.00 a night for playing the same music and are now requested to play in tampa. The bar manager said if they ever thought of doing a tranny band they could double the bookings and get almostr $1000.00 a night. I am not into the red nail polish myself Just the clean solft french for me and when I am due to have a fill I will get the more subdued french. As for my toes I will be keeping them in L&P soft french. I love the way they look great and are absoloutly no maintnance. As for dressing up on halloween the pressure is mounting with the wife and girls from the office. Their goal is to see my legs and toes in a skirt and high heeled sandals. All efforts to stop them seems to be futile. Does your son have any tips? LOL

I think they look good but a softer white would make it look better. My bloke would definately not have this done to him, I can only just give him a pedicure.

Hi again. Well here's a suggestion, which would please the girls to get you in the fishnets and sandles, but would suit your own more manly needs, but also get a laugh as well. Why not go as Freddy Mercury, you know, like the bit in one of their own videos where his is in a dress, stockings and heels, pushing a hoover around but still kept the butch mushtash. Definitely a bloke in womens clothes, but not one of those stupid types with huge baloons stuffed up a tee shirt.

Andrew says, just go for it. Its only for a laugh anyway. He says that you can play it two ways. One is to go for the subtle femine look, like he does. and the other is to go for the way over the top drag queen look. You know big hair, long nails, ten ton of make up, and a skirt up the backside. Oh yes and six inch heels.

Personally I like the Freddy Mercury look. But then we just went to a Queen tribute concert last night so I am still on a high.

Oh and I have added another photo to the gallery of Andrew when he is not dressed up. Go and have a look and see what you think of him when hes 'normal'.

You are right cameo val you could not tell he did drag for a living. Last night at hockey following our game we went to Firehouse Pub who is ouir sponsor. Many of the team and our wifes went along. The two girls on the team play for an all womens team called the Sirens. They travel around the southeast to tournaments. All of them are very fit so they show up in a loose fitting Jersey and miniskirts with black heels. They look great when they arrive at an arena. There has been some talk of them doing me up like that but I am still not sold on the idea. Maybe if I can get some of the other guys in on the idea it would be easier. Most of them keep their legs shaved for the same reason as me so the medical tape won't pull out the hair when taking off the knee braces. Heck they are half way there. Did you notice we have over 1200 views on this topic and only around 70 responses.. Come on people get in on it dont be shy...Heck I am the one with the french toenails>>>Geees.

Fingertips ND said:
We need a British guy to do it too and see the different reactions from the different countries!

Any fellas up for it???

Hey, I'd have no problem with that :wink2: but it's getting a wee bit to cold for the open toed sandal look!! Perhaps for the Geek Ball? :twisted:

Whilst training to be a nail tech I spent a good two months with a full set of L&P enhancements on. There were several reasons behind this:
  1. I wanted to watch a full set application and subsequent rebalance from start to finish.
  2. I wanted to know what it was like from the client's perspective.
  3. I figured it might help drum up some business.
  4. I'm possibly a bit weird.:wink2:
Anyway, it was surprising how many people didn't notice, and those that did rarely said anything. Maybe this is a British thing? Or possibly, just a male thing, because my current day job (in IT) is surrounded by blokes. The few women that did notice were quite positive in their response though.

Back on the toe front ... I've spent six months of this year without one toe nail after a stupid suitcase incident ... and as soon as that had recovered I've klonked my other foot and now have a nail a lovely shade of black and blue. If I'd had a layer of L&P perhaps they'd have survived?

Good on ya Nailover, for having it done, and providing us with a very entertaining thread. Can't wait to see the pics from Halloween :lol:

Colin

I think those toes looked lovely...ok so i wouldn't want rob walking round with toes that looked better than mine...but if a fella had problem nails either on hands or feet and they could be corrected with natural enhancements then yes .. for sure. It no different to having anything done to enhance ones appearance..hair..teeth..etc.

Just going of topic for a min...why is it that mens nails are so strong...? its all upside down....we want the nice Strong nails and they have em !!! is it a genetic thing ... ? xx

NailStyle said:
Just going of topic for a min...why is it that mens nails are so strong...? its all upside down....we want the nice Strong nails and they have em !!! is it a genetic thing ... ? xx

Just to make you jealous Angie!! :biggrin:
Besides, you know men are genetically engineered to annoy you!!
I've got strong nails and long eyelashes which always seem to make women envious (I can't help being gorgeous:o) however I'm losing it in the thatched department, and I'm not exactly Jude Law either, so everything kind of balances out.

Colin

Latest posts

Back