NAILPRO Competition & Pics :o)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissNailPro

Reaction score
Well..... I did it!!! ;) :D

I competed at the Premiere Beauty Show in Orlando, FL this past Monday- it was a Nailpro Competition-- Novice Salon Success. There were 45 competitors...... yikes!! :shock:

and I came in SIXTH place!!!! Whooooooo hooooooo!!! :D :D

I'm SO happy!! This was my second competition.. and although I've been doing acrylics for about 16 years (using CND since day one! ;) ), I've only been doing forever french for about a year and a half... and that's using an efile to trench my smiles & fill in with white! NOT full sets from scratch!! (I've only done about 7 full sets!... and I'll tell you something.... its MUCH easier trenching that smile line than SCULPTING it from SCRATCH! LOL)

We had 90 minutes to create p&w full set-- I chose to sculpt, and used Retention+ and Perfect Color Powders Pink & White. We had to paint one hand red (I chose CND "Wildfire"), and could ONLY buff the p&w hand (no polish allowed.. THANK YOU "KOALA" & "GIRLFRIEND" 3 way buffer!!!!)

Just wanted to share the great news!! (OK, I'll get off my 'soapbox' now! lol)

PS- HUGE CONGRATS to Lee Ann Smith of Team Creative-- she won FIRST PLACE!!! Whoo hoooo... CREATIVE RULES!!!! :!:

Here is the 'before' competition nails pic:

PremiereCompetition2003beforenails.jpg
[/url]

Here is the 'after' competition nail pics:

PremiereCompetition2003afterpic.jpg
[img]http://members.aol.com/missnailpro/PremiereCompetition2003onehand.jpg[/img]

CONGRATULATIONS on your fantastic success!!!

They are absolutly stunning!

I can only hope and wish that one day i will be able to do nails as stunning as they are .

all the best

Kerrie :)

Sawadee ka

I think nails you make very beautifull and you do very good have make prize and i very happy you happy .

If you have picture nail take number 1 place can i want see please .

Kop khun ka mui

Hey Melisa those nails are fab well done with you comp results :D
Next year are we going to see 1st :thumbsup:
All the best of luck to you in the future
Dawnie xxx

.....Melissa, they are really super!! Keep going and we will see you in 1st one day for sure!! Leeanne Baker Smith rocks doesn't she; she produces beautiful work - go have some 1-2-1 time with her and have her teach you tricks of the trade!! Again Well Done!!! :thumbsup: :salute:

Thank you all for your compliments....

and thanks to CREATIVE!! ;)

I hope that I will be seeing Lee Ann Smith in Chicago in October-- Doug Schoon & Team Creative will be there... Advanced Masters Training...

Maybe someday I will win (or even place!).. but I'm in no hurry... love this competition experience & need tons of it before I make it to the Veteran's Comp's...

I'll just keep on practicing!!

They are fab nails babe...............
Next time first for sure...............
6th out of 45 is a fab result me thinks.............. so here is a clink clink tast for your................... To a brill Tech with brill talent............. Cheers
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

wow - the nails look absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your success!

well done

your nails are fab :D

Beautiful nails! well done, they are lovely, just wish I can one day get to produce nails like that. :)

Ruth, Saffirez, Caroline & Cutie...

Thank you for your compliments, they really mean a lot!!!

Those are gorgeous nails Melissa! Congratulations - coming 6th out of 45 on your very first competition is outstanding.

Thank you for your compliments...

This was my second time competing actually- I competed in Chicago this past March...

however I don't think it counts-

as I went to CMBS with just the intention of networking and meeting as many people as possible- spent $400 in classes.. joined INTA-- met Deborah Carver & Jan Arnold!!!: (whoo hoo OMG!) I just HAD to go up to her and introduce myself, as I am a Creative Master and have used CND products for 16 years... and then Jan graciously 'sponsored' (& coerced! lol) me to compete (with Deborah convincing me to 'go for it!')..

I was a wreck at the thought of it- totally unprepared- no supplies whatsoever.... and as I got my model exactly 3 minutes before competition time-felt totally undeserving of her (Jan's) generosity!! (She set me up with all the CND products I could find & need)

Ugh- the model-- (sweet girl!) BUT she had that horrible pink glitter nail polish (the kind thats almost impossible to remove) on with rhinestones all over them.. ugh! what a mess! (And I only had about 2 ounces of acetone! & basically had to use my nails to 'pry' the stones off - I didn't have nippers!) LOL

So 25 minutes into the 90 minute competition, I barely finished...

and I came in 12th in Chicago (out of 26)!!- but the (entire) experience was awesome and earned me The Pechey Award (named after me!! & got me a full page article in May Nailpro 2003!!)

THIS time in Orlando I had a model all set (brought her with me), we soaked off her nails the night before, and I had all of my supplies.

So I'm very happy with winning 6th!

Thanks again, everyone, for all of your compliments!!

I also have to thank CREATIVE! :o)

My Award:

http://www.missnailpro.com/pages/14/index.htm

hiya mellisa :D
there is something about competeing that somehow generates great stories :D
i've been competeing since 1992, & i've got probably 1/2 dozen stories that, even tho' they were stressful at the time, would make for entertaining reading :shock:
well done on your success so far, i'm sure that now you've got the bug, there'll be no stoping for you :D
lol liza xx

MissNailPro said:
met Deborah Carver & Jan Arnold!!!: (whoo hoo OMG!) I just HAD to go up to her and introduce myself, as I am a Creative Master and have used CND products for 16 years... and then Jan graciously 'sponsored' (& coerced! lol) me to compete (with Deborah convincing me to 'go for it!')..

Jan Arnold is the most amazing woman and I am very proud to call her my friend AND there is something you need to know about Jan - she is an instigator!!! She will always make you do something you don't think you can :rolleyes: and then you do it and end up loving her for it because what you did makes you a better person!! (I hope that made sense :rolleyes: ) I am so glad she pushed you and happy that you did so well!!

Just speaking with Jan for a while at the INTA Cocktail party was SUCH an honor, and she truly is an amazing, generous, beautiful, professional woman... I was absolutely shocked when she told me that "I just HAD to compete" :shock: I was a nervous wreck- and so touched by her generosity! She had Dave Fowler set me up with TONS of product that I needed to compete... the entire experience at Chicago was unbelievable.. and I am so proud to be a devoted user of Creative products for 16 years! :D

sawadee ka

You make Very beutifull nails and after i enjoy look around your web site i happy and very good website i come again look soon for sure .

Kop khun ka mui

congrats on coming 6th in the comp your nails looked fantastic i wish i could get em as good as yours well done love dee

Congrats Melissa!!! :D ....those nails look WOW! .... mind if i ask what top coat you are useing? lol...i love the look of the nails...TERRIFIC JOB! ;)

Thank you for your compliments...

The p&w hand has no polish on it at all- hand buffed only (shows you how graduating your grits can give the greatest shine! & THANKS to CND Girlfriend 3 way buffer!!) :D

The polished p&w hand has Cuccio Forte Horsetail Strengthener basecoat (I used this because of the viscosity & it's extremely shiny- normally I ALWAYS use Stickey), two coats of CND Wildfire, and OF COURSE my FAVORITE TOP COAT---- Super Shiney. It's the BEST! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back