Nails affected by Pregnancy anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Reaction score
Hope you've all had a good Christmas & have a Happy New Year.

I've been a tad busy with the little one so not been geeking for a while, but I'm after some advice please.

I've never had any problems with my nails before but during my pregnancy (and still having the same problem now 5 weeks after) I found that whenever I applied polish/airbrushed nail art it would not stay on my nails - it just peeled off. I've made sure I've squeaked the nail plate first, I've even tried gently buffing it before airburshing and also tried applying a couple of layers of topcoat but within 24 hours the polish just peels off.
I've tried in the last week using Brisa, but am having the same problem, it's just peeling off.

I can only guess hormones have made my nail plates oily - just wondred if this had happened to anyone else during pregnancy and if it sorted itself out afterwards, and if so, how long did it take? Is there anything else I can try to make my airbrushing stay put?

Thanks,

Hiya I have done my sister in laws nails for years She always had gel on never had any lifting. Well a couple of months ago she started to have the enhancement just lifting off, I did a post and Sam suggested I use nailfresh in my prep stage. Christmas day came and she announced that she is pregnant
someone asked this when I did a post about her nails little did I know she was then lol So it does seem to effect some people nails when pregnant.

Hi

When I was pregnant last year I had some acrylic dip enhancements done and they started lifting after 2 days and my nails just seem to grow so quickly, although I have heard nails are meant to grow quicker when you are pregnant, not sure wheather this is true or not,

Becky
x

not sure if nails are the same but my cousin had a baby girl in April and she was telling me that the midwife told her that it could take up to six months for her hair to return to normal after giving birth.

Congratulations, bryony, btw :) She's beautiful, and I love the name :)

linzi said:
Congratulations, bryony, btw :) She's beautiful, and I love the name :)

Thank you :D Ain't she just!

Thanks all for advice, funny enough I was thinking this morning about trying fibreglass so might just do that when I get time(????) :D

Latest posts

Back