Nails | Amanda Fontanarossa Thinks Outside The Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Once you're a trained nail professional, the next (and often the hardest) move, is to decide where you're actually going to 'do nails'. Are you going to rent a table at a salon, set up your own salon, do it from your spare room at home or go mobile? It's a tough decision to make but for Amanda Fontanarossa, CND Education Ambassador and all-round great nail professional, she couldn't find anything that suited.

Having received a quote of £40,000 to turn the outbuildings at her rented Oxfordshire house into a workable salon space, Amanda decided that she needed to think outside the box, well, the salon. "To spend that much on a property that wasn't ours, was madness! But I was so intent on getting back into "doing" nails as well as continuing as a 1-2-1 Education Ambassador for CND and Sweet Squared."

She needed a plan and, as most of the best ideas are, it was inspired by cake. Sort of. Amanda and her mother were sat outside a gorgeous little garden hut at a local nursery eating cake and her mum had a lightbulb moment. What's wrong with a summer house/garden shed structure?

Well, after some research it turned out there was quite a lot wrong with those structures. They seemed fairly flimsy and all required foundations but, undeterred, Amanda continued to research. "One day, on the internet, I typed the words "garden pod" into the search bar and, as if by magic, "The Armadilla" appeared...Archie, this charming Scottish guy was selling an ex demo, for significantly less - I just jumped at the chance, then thought, "Sh*t", where shall I put it?!"

It turns out it wasn't a huge problem. The Armadilla requires no foundations and can be easily moved. Amanda got to grips with a bobcat and created a gravelled area for it to go. Once she'd run some electricity to it from the main house, the underfloor heating (which comes as standard) had it warm by the time the sun went down.

"It is the best thing ever," says Amanda. "I indulged in spreading out the things I love most - my CND stuff. Finally, after all these years I had a very special place for it all. I had a stream of clients immediately and my 1-2-1 trainings were a huge success in it. It's a very conducive place to learn and to be creative. And, it is a husband and child free zone..."

The pictures speak for themselves. It's an im-pod-ibly useful and gorgeous work space. For more information on getting a pod in your life check out Armadilla.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1552.jpeg
    IMG_1552.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1576.jpeg
    IMG_1576.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 370
supper cute :)

Amazing, Mands need to pop over and see it!

Beautiful...I want one! :)

What a gorgeous place to be creative, you'll never want to come out!

Latest posts

Back