Nails and HRT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlossomNails

Reaction score
Hi

I am wondering if someone could help me out, one of my ladies is on HRT and her nails always seem to have a yellow tinge to them, I know its nothing I am doing as all my other clients are fine.

Could this yellow tinge be due to her HRT and if it is, what can I do to help prevent this tinge? I do l & p.

Many Thanks
Amanda x

i have never heard of l&p turning yellow from HRT can't see how it would i have loads of ladies on it and i have never experienced it, does it file off the yellow tinge or not it could be something she is doing?

cant say ive heard of this either, i been on HRT for 20 years, and havent yellowing nails since i started in this industry. what products are you using flower? does she have any other medical conditions that may be causing this? does she smoke, (maybe its nicotine) just a few thoughts hun

I have a lady like this, she turned out to be a secret dishcloth bleacher and didn't wear gloves

Hi

She does smoke but I dont have this problem with my other ladies that smoke!

I think she might be a lady that doesnt wear gloves when cleaning even though I have given her my aftercare advice card.

Thanks for your replies

I have a lady like this, she turned out to be a secret dishcloth bleacher and didn't wear gloves

I know that you shouldnt use chemicals etc on ya nails/hands but i do sometimes bleach my clothes but only sometimes!
I posted a thread ages ago has my nails are yellow,geeg said it may be down to the damaged nail plate and will grow out.My nails are in good condition now im not at college and all the ridges lumps n bumps have grown out {college training learning blendint etc} has it was last June i finished college course so its had plenty of time to sort themselves out.
I use creative products so i use good stuff on them.
The bottom part is fine near the Lanula/cuticle its from zone 2 that the yellow starts.
Can anyone help me try to get them back to an healthy colour please.
I normaly have my nails natural with just a clear on them as im at college for beauty so we are not allowed colours.
Sorry to jump in ya thread but i hate my nails this colour
Thanx for reading x

PS: i use the sunbeds aswell can this be causing yellowing??

Last edited:
Hi

She does smoke but I dont have this problem with my other ladies that smoke!

I think she might be a lady that doesnt wear gloves when cleaning even though I have given her my aftercare advice card.

Thanks for your replies
I smoke and with or without enhancements (L&P or gel) I have never had yellowing. My mother however turns her nails, any enhancements and even polish yellow...........she does smoke a lot though

Latest posts

Back