nails and threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyloutay

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the nail forum!

I do nails in my spare time from home, I would like to change from a full time to a part time job so that I can do more nails and so am thinking of doing a few courses so I can offer more treatments to encourage regular customers.

I noticed that my local CND educator also does threading courses and my immediate thought is it is perfect as I wont need much space and there is alot less mess than waxing etc.

Am I correct in thinking that threading would be a good move? Can it be done on a chair or will I need new furniture?

I have been advised by a friend who has it done that it is really cheap in London but in Dorset I could charge £5 for eyebrows until I get good, then £8, does this sound right?

Thank you in advance for any advice
xXx

Have you trained in nails or are you just doing them? As obv to get insured you need to be enrolled or trained. Threading is quite easy once you master the technique and it isn't just eyebrows (lip and every other facial bit!) so you can offer full face packages to get money faster by practicing more. Also no you don't really need more furniture. I prefer if the client lays on my couch but that's just me, you'll find your own way, a slightly reclined chair is ideal :) good luck hth! x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thanks for the reply, yes I am trained in nails, I am about to change insurance to the guild and need to check but am sure it will cover me for threading too. I jst wanted to check that its the right direction to go as sometimes things seem a great idea when you're blissfully unaware of the downsides!

I do threading , and i find it easier if my clients are layed on a beauty bed flat ,

hi!

Can you really learn how to thread by doing the one day course?

Any recomendations of best place to train?
:)

Wouldn't do 1 day bcs you don't get enough practice time tbh. I did mine at London college of beauty therapy, 3 evenings of 2 or so hours each and a week between each evening to get u up to standard x

Thanks for the reply, yes I am trained in nails, I am about to change insurance to the guild and need to check but am sure it will cover me for threading too. I jst wanted to check that its the right direction to go as sometimes things seem a great idea when you're blissfully unaware of the downsides!

You could always get them to lie on their bed if ur mobile. Its worth doing the course long as u feel u can adapt to different situations you are placed in. Get a piece of string, YouTube and a friend and see how you feel putting them in different positions and how comfortable you are hovering over their face. Just an idea before you decide if it's right for you! :)

Latest posts

Back