Nails at work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
Hello, firstly hope all had a great christmas, just have a query for all of you who are techs who are also therapists.
-how do you wear your nails for work, i do alot of treatments that are non nail based, i.e facials some massage etc... length wise i can shorten my enhancements no problem, i just remember that when i was training we weren't aloud to wear anything at all. i just wondered whether this was a h+s issue with possibilities of allergic reaction etc.:rolleyes:
The main reason i suppose is that i have the most gorgeous nails at the moment (sculpted tips with mavala rouge rubis) and i don't want to take them off and i have work tommorrow. what do you guys do?
thanks in advance

Hi Ester,

We are required to wear natural nails which are short and squared.
This is in our employment agreement and forms part of our working policy.
But apart from the fact that it's required, I find it also very practical and hygenic.

I hope you had a good Christmas too!

Estherlou - do you work for yourself or do you work for somebody else. If for somebody else you will need to do what your employers require but if yourself then it is up to you.

I work for myself and do Beauty and Nails so I do think it is important for my nail side of the business that I wear some form of enhancements, even if they are kept short.

Estherlou - do you work for yourself or do you work for somebody else. If for somebody else you will need to do what your employers require but if yourself then it is up to you.

I work for myself and do Beauty and Nails so I do think it is important for my nail side of the business that I wear some form of enhancements, even if they are kept short.

hiya thanks for your replies , i work for myself have treatment rooms within a hairdressing salon, this is where the dilemma lies, i'm fairly new to nails and it is hard to push them if you don't have them yourself. x

hiya thanks for your replies , i work for myself have treatment rooms within a hairdressing salon, this is where the dilemma lies, i'm fairly new to nails and it is hard to push them if you don't have them yourself. x

Your circumstances are the same as mine so you can choose which you feel will be of benefit to your business for all clients involved.

Kind of off topic... but once when I was getting a haircut, the girl who washed & conditioned my hair had acrylic nails & the massage was UNREAL! :) So acrylics are fine with me.... :D

:green: actually i bet that was nice, like those funny wire head massagers, whats it they are called, orgasmatrons
and no i didn't make it up
Orgasmatron-The Ultimate Head Massager :lol:

Latest posts

Back