Nails burning/itching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealacarrigan

Reaction score
Please help!
I just got my nails done yesterday and about a quarter of an inch all around my nails and toe nails are burning and itching! I can’t focus on anything else!
I got them done in November and I felt as though my cuticles were cut to short and she rubbed them a little raw with the items to buff and everything. So I used a new salon in December!
That was worse!!! After that trip.... although I loved the salon, around my nails turned red with bumps and became very itchy! It lasted about a week!
I have visited that second salon again! I know I know but I hoped it was something I could control

I HURT SOOOOO BAD!
I don’t understand at all! I have been getting my nails done for 14 years! Gel for at least a year and the last 6 weeks! Should I return to a salon I was going to forever? Am I developing a reaction to gel

mostly what can I do to subside this pain!!!!!!

thank you in advance

UPDATE: I have tried a cuticle oil, hydrocortisone, aloe, and a fragrance free, chemical free (organic if you will) lotion!!

You are experiencing an allergic reaction, you need to take antihistamines asap. I would suggest having the nails removed.

You may need to visit a doctor to establish what has caused the react so you can avoid the substance in the future

As @Trinity has advised, have the products removed and take an antihistamine then ask for dermatology testing to see which ingredients you are allergic to. It’s not uncommon to develop a sensitivity to nail products either within a few sessions or even after many years of applications.

Latest posts

Back