Nails | Celeb Nail Stylist Lisa Logan Lets Us In On The Hottest Nail Trends in 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Who best to tell us what's hot in nails in 2013 than celeb nail stylist Lisa Logan. With an A list roster that includes Beyonce, Katy Perry and Madonna, predicting and creating nail trends is what keeps her at the top of her game. After a very busy year collecting nail industry awards and opening her own salon The Nail Suite, Logan has given us her hot tips for the nails of 2013.

First up is Accent Nails. "Accent nails have started to catch on fire they are so hot this year!" says Logan. Simply using one colour or design for all the nails except one 'accent' nail on each hand/foot is the new way to show you're fashion savvy and individuality.

"While accent nails have come and gone in the past, the amazing array of new nail coatings and products now available has made this trend the must have accessory of 2013."

But is there a right way and a wrong way to do it? “There are very few rules with accent nails,” explains Lisa, who often creates custom accent nails for her clients. “Accent nails are about showing your individuality, but that said, there are a couple of points to consider.”

1. Decide which fingers you want to use as an accent. “The most popular fingers to use for accent nails are the pinkies, the ring finger, or the thumbs,” says Lisa, “but there is no rule, and you don’t even have to use the same finger on each hand.”

“Using thumbs as accent fingers gives your look an unexpected edge when your other fingers have a different color or pattern,” Lisa explains, “and it creates a great look when you are texting and just using your thumbs. Ring fingers are also very popular because of their significance.” Lisa recalls applying custom Minx inscribed with the words “Ms. Carter” on Beyoncé’s ring finger as a romantic way for the singer to declare her married status without the traditional wedding band.

2. Keep the accent nail complementary or in the same color family. “Just like anything else in your ensemble, you do not want to clash,” says Lisa. “If you decide to wear an emerald green or rich red color on your nails, then metallic gold would be a good choice for your accent nail.” Even better, choose your accent nail and apply a layer of “Barely There” metallic Minx over the color, suggests Lisa. “Minx has a collection of transparent coatings with gold or silver designs in lace, leaves, stripes – you name it – that make perfect accent nails a you can apply them over your color for a truly luxurious look that matches beautifully.”

Next on the hit-list for 2013 is Textures. Textured, three-dimensional nail fashion will continue its momentum this year according to Lisa, who recently created dozens of stunning and unique textured nail fashions for a recent Italian Vogue cover shoot. “Nails are the new darling of high fashion,” explains Lisa, “And customizing your nails by adding glitter, crystals, or other decorations enables you to express your own individual fashion sense.”

Metallics are also going to shine. “Metallics are continuing to shine in 2013 partly because there are so few nail products that can truly deliver a real metallic finish,” reveals Lisa, “so this trend has serious staying power.” Decorated nails have become a new form of accessory, and can complement or even take the place of jewelry on the hand. “With new metallics like the red gold and copper shades from Minx entering the market this year, my clients are going to be clamouring to try out the new range,” states Lisa.

And, as a final piece of advice from Lisa – if you have decided to indulge in a stunning manicure or pedicure, SHOW IT OFF! “I always joke around that it hurts to be beautiful, but if I’ve got my best pedicure going and my toes are glittering, I am putting on my strappiest high heels even if someone has to carry me over a snowdrift!” Lisa laughs. “Fashion is about enjoying life!”

And, just in case you didn't already know, New York celebrity nail stylist Lisa Logan was honored at Essence Magazine’s first annual “Best in Black Beauty Awards” on May 8, 2012 in New York City. Essence Magazine, the preeminent lifestyle publication for African-American women, created the awards to honor beauty innovators who are influencing what’s now and next.

Lisa’s many career highlights include applying custom Minx to Beyoncé for her performance at the presidential inauguration, being named “Best Manicurist” in Star Magazine’s Beauty Awards issue, and designing two “Minx Professional for Lisa Logan” collections. Lisa also created the distinctive nail fashion for Italian Vogue’s March 2012 cover feature photographed by the legendary Steven Meisel.

Lisa has added yet another landmark to her career as she officially opened her own salon in Harlem, “The Nail Suite by Lisa Logan,” where she will continue to offer her clients the newest and best in nail fashion.

Attachments

• 5.8.2012 Lisa Logan Essence Award Winner.jpg
    5.8.2012 Lisa Logan Essence Award Winner.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 7,135

Latest posts

Back