Nails coming clean off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
Hi everyone can I have your opinions please [emoji5]️

My client has hard gel nail extensions by me and has been coming to now for over a year, on her last set of nails she randomly had some lift clean off on around the 3rd week so she ended up taking them all off herself, last week I done her a full set and questioned her about creams etc and she said she had been using a new face cream and also after sun so I explained how some creams can effect etc.... She's also started a new job where she is doing some typing but I have loads of clients that do typing so didn't think this would really be the problem?

Any way she's just sent me a pic less than a week of her new set being on and this has happened.....
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464695606.073471.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464695618.770945.jpg

Any ideas what it could be? She's says she hasn't used the face cream or sun lotion and that she's my in any medication?

I don't have this problem with any of my other clients, she did go through a phase last year where they kept breaking but she had a very hands on job so we put it down to that!

Thanks in advance x

Anyone [emoji16]

Are these extensions or overlays?
Also what brand?

I done a fresh set of extensions using tips, I use crystal nails but it's just weird how its randomly happening to her no other clients, I'm not doing any thing different and the fact they are coming clean off is making me think it could be something she is using!?

I would advise building a better apex if you're extending. Are you gel polishing over the hard gel?

I had exactly the same happen to a regular of mine last year, never had any problems before, then all
Of a sudden this! Her own nails were absolutely fine underneath! I hadn't done anything different but maybe she had! I never questioned her as she's been a client for 15 years & I know she really looks after them! She had a break from hard gel & just had shellac, which was ok, she has recently gone back to hard gel & their fine! It maybe just one of those things! What system are you using!? X

I had exactly the same happen to a regular of mine last year, never had any problems before, then all
Of a sudden this! Her own nails were absolutely fine underneath! I hadn't done anything different but maybe she had! I never questioned her as she's been a client for 15 years & I know she really looks after them! She had a break from hard gel & just had shellac, which was ok, she has recently gone back to hard gel & their fine! It maybe just one of those things! What system are you using!? X

It's so weird isn't it, I use crystal nails and yes like you say my clients nails look perfect underneath x

Latest posts

Back