Nails coming off - need help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
I have a client (Brisa gel) who gets problems from time to time with her nails (curling away from the overlay), I did a rebalance on her on Thursday morning and by Friday night she'd lost a nail, it had come off without her noticing it, no damage done to her natural nail at all, she came over and I replaced the missing enhancement... she's just text me to say that she's lost another one while helping her daughter with her homework!!!

My UV bulbs are fine, I am meticulous with prep, when I do her nails I do super prep of S-Fresh, NailFresh, S-Fresh.

It's not as if I'm new to this and I don't understand why it's happening.
Do any of you have any ideas please?

just thinking from the top of my very hungover head....(friends 60th last night) how old or full is your liquid bond...??

Ages ago i had a client like this and i was at the bottom of my liquid bond....i brought a new one and then she was fine..??

I dunno...can liquid bond loose it powers...??

I do have to tilt my Liquid Bond bottle to 'fully load' the brush... don't know if it's that though because none of my other Brisa clients are suffering the same problem and with this particular client it's not every nail... I'm at a loss!

Forgot to say, she's an insulin controlled diabetic, but this hasn't been a problem previously.

You mention that this client has had problems before with her nails curling away from the enhancements. Could it be something as simple as just this .... the nail bending in the opposite direction of the Brisa gel? Although not as experienced and not a Brisa tech, as Brisa is a buff off gel, perhaps it does not cope to well with your clients curvy nail growth as opposed to a softer soak off gel.

Don't know if this helps. Hope you can sort it.

Recently I was told that too much liquid bond can cause lifting aswell...
Not sure why, byt we tried it at our salon and the person whom we tried it on, didn't lift then.
HTH

If its a natural nail overlay than I have had the same problem with certain clients the gel peels away from their nail if they have problem shaped nails.
I find it much better to actually cut the nail down slightly and then sculpt a longer free edge if they dont want them short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is any help, but I have two insulin controlled diabetic clients, one has never had a problem - the other every so often, 2 or more will lift. This also happened with liquid and powder.

I assumed it was something I was or was not doing, but she happened to mention it to her Doctor and he feels it may be do with the chemical levels in her body as she is not very good at regular eating and injecting and is often quite unwell.

I hope you find a solution.

if it's not every nail on this one client I don't think I would suspect her diabetes to be the problem.....maybe if all her nails were doing it we might look down that avenue.

Could it be as simple as capping the free edge?? Perhaps you may of missed one, by mistake. Maybe a combination of that and the natural nail curling, perhaps caught onto something...

Not sure if I'm much help here, but when in doubt go back to the basics! Maybe you were just having a bad nail day and next time you do her fill she'll have no problems at all!

If its a natural nail overlay than I have had the same problem with certain clients the Brisa peels away from their nail if they have problem shaped nails.
I find it much better to actually cut the nail down slightly and then sculpt a longer free edge if they dont want them short.

A bit more hassle yes but if this is where the only problem is i would sculpt the known 'problem' nails.

It's helped me with a bio client who persistantly lost her index finger ( sewing machining to blame)

We sculpt that finger everytime now and hey presto - no probs!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How old is this set, Sandi??

I suspect that if she suffers from 'curling' the enhancement is getting looser without you noticing it and the re balance and filing is loosening it further and then .. PING!!

When these problems start happening, it is time for a new full set. Once you have restructured a new set all nicely sealed and capped, the problem will stop.

I suspect that if she suffers from 'curling' the enhancement is getting looser without you noticing it and the re balance and filing is loosening it further and then .. PING!!

When these problems start happening, it is time for a new full set. Once you have restructured a new set all nicely sealed and capped, the problem will stop.
You've made my day:lol: Thank you

I've been having such trouble with my own nails (they are curlier than a curly wurly) and although they don't ping off, they lift in odd places.

I know my prep is sound and I'm not touching anywhere. Lamp and bulbs are fine

I have only had this after the last 2 rebalances.

Off to file them off and start again

Her nails grow extremely fast and she won't have a rebalance any more than 3 weekly, the curling happens when her nails grow, she has a very strong/defined C curve and it literally pulls away from the overlay, she uses her Solar Oil every day and isn't hard on her nails.

I reduce the length at every rebalance and sculpt out the free edge to give her a small amount of length, but only minimally.

I'll do what you suggest Gigi and do a removal and new set, her current set has been on for a few months now, with the odd replacement here and there. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you all for your help :hug:

Latest posts

Back