Nails Confused.com!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLouu

Reaction score
Hey Ladies
PLEASE HELP
This might all sound abit daft but im looking for advice on acrylic nails... I'm thinking about taking a course in acrylic nails with essentialnails and I'm just wondering if anyone has done this course and I would love to hear there view of it
And also is there a right or wrong way to do acrylic nails some people just use white tips then pink or clear acrylic over the top some people build the tip up with white acrylic .... And also any advice on using pre glittered tips would you just use clear or pink acrylic over the top of the pre glitterd tips?

There's so many different ways of doing things I'm not quite sure on what's right and wrong? Or does it just depend on the way you are taught ?

Any advice answers or reviews would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou
:)

Also I don't understand if you wanted to do a full set of for example red acrylics would you attach a clear tip and use red acrylic powders all over the nail? The same as you would the French style with the white pink clear acrylic powders? But use red all over ...? Or would you do a French set and just paint them
Then top coat ?
Any help much appreciated

Thankyou xx

I havent done a course with essential nails so cant answer that one but as for the rest. it really depends what design your doing.

you can put white/natural etc tips on and then put pink over the top or you could put a tip on and use white acrylic ontop for your tip and then use pink.

Clear acrylic is good for coloured tips. for example say you have some glitter tips you can apply clear acrlic over them so the design is completly viasable. its also good for encapsulating.

There are load of videos on you tube. type in things like.....

basic acrylic nail tutorial
glitter nail acrylics
encapsulating
acrylic nails ratio

you would be suprised just how much information there is from watching videos.

Hope this helps a little xxx

Hi
I hope i'm not going to get shot down in flames here but......
You should really go on proper training for enhancements - that will teach you how to apply tips correctly, apply product correctly etc. I'm surprised someone else on here has suggested you look up videos/info on the net to get an idea what to do.
From what you originally posted it would seem you are looking for info on the nail course itself - so haven't already done any nail training. Can I suggest you have a search on here for courses - CND for example.
I'd be worried about you just watching stuff on the net and starting to use L&P or gel products with no training at all - you could damage your nails.
By all means ask away for advice - but please look at some training. I haven't done the course you mentioned but there are a lot to choose from.
Choccy xx

I suggested the poster looks at video tutorials to answer all the questions she had like how to apply white and what order things go in. and what acrylic is applied over coloured tips.

I wasnt saying she could watch these and then become trained in nail enhancments. or even do a set.

Its just alot of people have simple questions that can be answered so easily by watching a video or tapping it into google as a pose to asking alot of questions on here thats all xx

It's a very debated item on here when it comes to training - much as I am in support of 1 day courses I WOULD say that if you have absolutely NO background in beauty I would start by doing a manicure and pedicure course... at the very least!

Then look up an accredited course like BABTAC accredited. Many will still say this isn't enough and when it comes to nails I'm tempted to agree with them... You need to really learn all the potential contra indications of nails and what to do if things go wrong. I don't know personally if these courses have that level of detail in a day...

If you are just wanting to do your own nails then maybe not so much of a problem... if you want to work on the public then I'd really do something longer than a day course :) If you're REALLY into this then a day course may be enough because you're willing to do all the research and practise when you get home - but doing just a day course and thinking you'll be good enough to retain clients right away... Think that would be on the side of optimism - so if you go that way make sure you have plenty of willing models...

I believe the course with essential nails is a home learn course ?
Taken over as much time as you need.

I would not personally reccomend this avenue as i believe that it cannot replace 1-1 time with an experienced educator watching what you do and correcting your faults as you work.
However i know that there are some people that have had success with this type of course.

I can see from the questions that the o.p has certainly begun to research methods. There is not always one single way of doing things correctly and techniques vary from one tech to another.

I would be wary of youtube until you know a lot more about nails. There are some great tutorials on there. But there are also some hopeless bodgers displaying their "skills". As an inexperienced person its impossible to know who is doing things correctly .

You certainly seem very interested in nails and i think you could enjoy some proper training.
I think that a minimum of 4 days course is the best way to start out and then add on extra courses as your skills improve to take on more techniques.

Latest posts

Back