Nails & Contact Dermatitis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailgirl9217

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if you can help...

I have been doing nails (mainly calgel) for 2 years. I was doing calgel with no problems, but also moved on to using both CND Shellac and Acrylic in the salon i was working in. Over a period of about 1 month using these i developed contact dermatitis. I have given up with shellac and acrylic, just sticking to calgel but obviously now the allergy is there its causing an issue even with calgel.

I have been able to control it with moisturizers, steroid creams & I also wear cotton gloves with thick black reusable salon services gloves. I am now finding that my fingers are mainly OK but the backs of my hands are turning red and blistering occasionally. For now i have had to stop doing nails to let my hands improve, but i am wondering if anyone has any advice? i REALLY do not want to give up nails.

Hi all, wondering if you can help...

I have been doing nails (mainly calgel) for 2 years. I was doing calgel with no problems, but also moved on to using both CND Shellac and Acrylic in the salon i was working in. Over a period of about 1 month using these i developed contact dermatitis. I have given up with shellac and acrylic, just sticking to calgel but obviously now the allergy is there its causing an issue even with calgel.

I have been able to control it with moisturizers, steroid creams & I also wear cotton gloves with thick black reusable salon services gloves. I am now finding that my fingers are mainly OK but the backs of my hands are turning red and blistering occasionally. For now i have had to stop doing nails to let my hands improve, but i am wondering if anyone has any advice? i REALLY do not want to give up nails.

A thread on this subject was posted quite recently, so I'm linking it for you:

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/allergy-contact-dermatitis-help-please.314596/

Latest posts

Back