Nails done and their ski jumped!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailicious1978

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on here so be gentle with me lol!

I have not bein doing nails for long (1 yr) with LCN. However, i thought that id treat myself and have my nails done by a real pro. 2 weeks ago, i went to a salon (which shall remain nameless) and im not very pleased with them. I know that problems should be rectified before you leave but the fact is that this person has done alot of training and is a certified master in CND Brisa gel. Now can you advise me, the length, shape (oval), and everything was perfect except that when you look at the nails from a side view, they are soooo ski jumped!!!! I know that this can happen sometimes with bitten nails but they are just flat and have no shape at all. I couldnt mention it in the salon as i felt that as i dont have much experience or training in the gel, i felt awkward. There was another client waiting as it was and i wasnt sure what to say!

If i re-file the top coat and place a clear bead of gel over the nail to re-shape it, do you think it would help?

Any advice? x

Hi all, this is my first post on here so be gentle with me lol!

I have not bein doing nails for long (1 yr) with LCN. However, i thought that id treat myself and have my nails done by a real pro. 2 weeks ago, i went to a salon (which shall remain nameless) and im not very pleased with them. I know that problems should be rectified before you leave but the fact is that this person has done alot of training and is a certified master in CND Brisa gel. Now can you advise me, the length, shape (oval), and everything was perfect except that when you look at the nails from a side view, they are soooo ski jumped!!!! I know that this can happen sometimes with bitten nails but they are just flat and have no shape at all. I couldnt mention it in the salon as i felt that as i dont have much experience or training in the gel, i felt awkward. There was another client waiting as it was and i wasnt sure what to say!

If i re-file the top coat and place a clear bead of gel over the nail to re-shape it, do you think it would help?

Any advice? x
did she tip or sculpt? if she tipped it sounds like the tip was not at the correct angle and if she sculpted then the forms were likely pointing up wards IYKWIM either way, I doubt they would last without an apex, you could remove the shine and rebuild the apex, but it wouldn't stop them pointing to the sky, you really should go back and explain how you feel. she may have just been having an off day and would be happy putting them right for you.

did she tip or sculpt? if she tipped it sounds like the tip was not at the correct angle and if she sculpted then the forms were likely pointing up wards IYKWIM either way, I doubt they would last without an apex, you could remove the shine and rebuild the apex, but it wouldn't stop them pointing to the sky, you really should go back and explain how you feel. she may have just been having an off day and would be happy putting them right for you.

I agree that is what i should do but i cant. I have rebuilt the apex and given them a little more shape. I really look up to her and feel terrible even contemplating asking her! has anyone lese had this trouble?
I know if my friends, family or occasional client has a problem, i know i dont mind putting it right but when your addressing someone with experience, i just dont feel right! Im not great with confrontation!

Ps. She tipped not sculpted.

Definitely go back.

On a nail biter the end of the finger can often be quite bulbous, preventing a tip from sitting how it really should . . . but this is not an excuse, just what I think has happened here by the sound of what you've said. If she is a certified master in Brisa I am dumbfounded as to how this could have happened. . . sculpting was maybe the way to go here

But definitely go back. It doesn't matter that you are not as qualified or experienced as she is supposed to be, they shouldn't be ski jumped, end of.

Definitely go back.

On a nail biter the end of the finger can often be quite bulbous, preventing a tip from sitting how it really should . . . but this is not an excuse, just what I think has happened here by the sound of what you've said. If she is a certified master in Brisa I am dumbfounded as to how this could have happened. . . sculpting was maybe the way to go here

But definitely go back. It doesn't matter that you are not as qualified or experienced as she is supposed to be, they shouldn't be ski jumped, end of.

You are totally right. However, i think i will leave it. It just seems so much hassle. I did remove the shine and white, placed another bead of clear gel and then finished with white and top coat. They dont actually look too bad now. I just couldnt be doing with the removal and putting them back on....again! It would take about 3 hrs to remove and put back on again (well with me anyhow!)

x x

The more i look at them, the more i think i should take them off!!! Now i dont know what to do! lol

Latest posts

Back