Nails fall off 2 hours later?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabeauty

Reaction score
Hi.
I have been doing acrylic and gel nail enhancements for about 7 months now, I have been practising on friends and family for about 4 months. I have since then been doing them for paying customers and have never had any complaints.
I did a family friends teenage daughters nails, acrylic French tips and she claimed that they fell off two hours later. ALL OF THEM! I have not seen her since and I did them 4 days ago now. She has told people they have fallen off, but has not been in contact with me and she hasn't been back to see me. I find this very strange and it has knocked my confidence hugely. Has any body else has an experience like this? Or can any body tell me why this could have happened? Is it even possible?

Thanks. :)

I'd say lack of client care has caused this, how old is?

Don't be disheartened, my daughter can remove whatever the product is (some form of acrylic ) that is used in those NSS salons, that every nail tech says never comes off, in the space of an hour.....and I mean clean off.

I keep telling her not to go there but she won't listen!

Did her mum pay for them? Im guessing she did and she will be in trouble for snapping them all off so quickly so has said they've fallen off?

I just think I would have said they had fallen off as a teenager to save a lecture.

Was she a nail biter by any chance? Were her own nailbeds small compared with the amount of tip added?

If so she maybe just kept on biting, especially if someone else paid for them for her. A good chomp downwards on a tip and it will break, allowing the teeth to "neaten up" the rest:twisted:

If this is a one off case, try to think about all the nails you have done for people which have lasted well, don't let this one person shatter your confidence (although I have to say at that stage in my nail career I would have been exactly the same as you so I do sympathise,)

Probably the worst thing is thinking that she's telling people your nails have "fallen" off. No way round this, but particularly embarrassing if its a family friends daughter and I know where you're coming from :hug:

The only other thing I can think of is if she had literally come to you to have her nails done straight after a long soak in a bath, or a hot tub or something, that could have stopped the product adhering properly.

Ask a few questions (if you can bear it), you never know.

Onwards and upwards chicken, put it behind you. If you have a facebook page, take photos of your work on people and when they come back for infills, take another photo then, to publicly show that your nails DO damn well stay on, thank you very much....hopefully your friend and her daughter will see the evidence:D xx

If they all "fell off" then they were either not on properly in the first place OR (more likely) she has helped them off!

Do you do your own nails? If I ever get disheartened when clients have breakages I remind myself that my acrylics I do on myself on my wrong hand last and last.

Its more than likely something she has done - don;t beat yourself up xx

Latest posts

Back