Nails Falling Off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to set up my own nails business and whereas i get clients who are able to keep their nails on and come back for regular infills, I have a few who say they just fell off. I don't understand this as i do my own nails since i started and i've never had any that have actually just fell off and when i do catch a nail it hurts like hell. This gets me quite disheartened as i always do the same prep (which is most important and takes the most time). Does anyone else experience this problem.

Shelley

Thanks

I read the thread, but it's just when you're starting up you don't like to say to clients it must be you or something you have done. I have never experienced nails just falling off even when i first started doing them, but it always makes you doubt yourself.

Shelley

Pingers from the planet PING..................
Bless em they are relatives of the creatures that dissapear in the night...........
They are the fallen from grace (nailbed) enhancements.................
Did they pick nooooooooooooooo cause not lol...........yea right
Did they bite them off nooooooooooooooooo cause not ..........yea double right
Am I a size 8 yea cause I am lol.........................yea in my dreams lol...........

Take heart , have a bottle of vino, and carry on doing a great job !!!!!!
Do your prep like a pro, do your nails like a pro and have faith in what you are doing, like a pro !!!!!!

Thanks you have made me laugh. I'm just finishing me Bicardi and coke and going to bed before doing more nails tomorrow. My parents are coming down tomorrow night and i haven't seen them since March so i'm really looking forward to it especially after tonights football results.

Shelley

I have a cleint who is saying the same thing, however her nails are termed as ski jump. We have been using gel on her but we have now done our CND course and were wondering then if acrylics would be better and stonger for this lady.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Pingers from the planet PING..................
Bless em they are relatives of the creatures that dissapear in the night...........
They are the fallen from grace (nailbed) enhancements.................
Did they pick nooooooooooooooo cause not lol...........yea right
Did they bite them off nooooooooooooooooo cause not ..........yea double right
Am I a size 8 yea cause I am lol.........................yea in my dreams lol...........

Take heart , have a bottle of vino, and carry on doing a great job !!!!!!
Do your prep like a pro, do your nails like a pro and have faith in what you are doing, like a pro !!!!!!
You know Ruth i absolutely love the way you put things - so refreshing and soooo funny! Keep posting hun!

hi Shelley

I too am very new to the business and am having the same problems!! Some can keep the nails on no probs, whilst from other I get "well Ive had extensions before and they stayed on fine"!

From what I can gather this is the norm. I have recently finished yet another college course and learnt acrylics.... the other students have all had this problem too.

I have had this problem myself and i think you have to take every client in their own right. I recently did a client with a full set of pink and white L&P. I used to have lifting and pinging problems on myself but solved this, so my nails looked great. I did this new set and after two days she said they were starting to lift. i wracked my brain as i always spend a long time on nail prep, which is what you're meant to do. Its always in the preperation, the better you do it, the better your nails will be.

After feeling depressed i emailed my client to say to come over and i will sirt them out for her. i said had she ever suffered with lifting before as some people have naturally oily nails. She then replied she had the same problem with Gel nails.

It goes to show that some people have problem nails and others don't. But there again you'd never learn anything new if everything was easy.

I too have this problem. Generally I use EZ Flow but if I have a client who has a mega lifting prob I use CND Retention +. But... there are clients who are a nightmare. I had one who told me that her nails just 'fell' off.She came in for me to look at them and I asked her to bring with her some of the nails that just 'fell' off. Well, those nails that just 'fell' off had bits of natural nail plate attached to them and my concluision was that they didn't just fall off,they were picked off...and I told her as much.

I did offer to put a full set on for the price of her due rebalance but she left it. Easy for me to say now that I have a full book, but I can do without clients like her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back