Nails | Famous Names Launch Unique Strengthening Treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Marian Newman, probably the most celebrated nail professional in the industry, took to Facebook last week to get us all excited! "Today I've been to a presentation/education of a new product to hit the pro industry early next year. Be VERY excited!!! Breakthrough!!!!"

We all took to the Geek site to wonder what this 'breakthrough' product could be and now we know. Marian Newman was at Louella Bell HQ trying out the latest product - a new strengthening treatment, IBX - from Famous Names.

Linda Nordstrom and husband Jim Nordstrom co-founders of Famous Names the company behind the award-winning cuticle oil Dadi’Oil have created IBX and IBX Repair - a never seen before strengthening treatment duo guaranteed to repair damaged weak nails in only a few applications.

Statistics show that 70-80% of nail customers are now having gel polish, IBX acts as a protective shield for the natural nail underneath gel polish to strengthen and repair nails starting from the inside out. Both IBX and IBX Repair are key to protection from soak-off damage. Pretty cool huh?

Linda Nordstrom gave a presentation showcasing the new treatment and Marian Newman was there to put it through its paces as she is set to be the very first customer using IBX in her exciting salon collaboration launching in January in central London.

So, according to the experts, IBX, set to launch in the UK at the Professional Beauty exhibition at Excel in February 2014, is the answer to nail damage – white spots, ridging, cracks and peels. The IBX system acts as a “built-in insurance policy” for the natural nail.

Sounds too good to be true, but true it is. Excited much?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 09.47.32.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 09.47.32.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 526
Can't wait for this to come out x

so how does it work exactly?

Will we be able to use it under shellac?

The Opening Post says it is a treatment for use under Gel Polish therefore I am sure it will be for use with Shellac too. I am sure more information will be forthcoming nearer the launch date. I for one am very intrigued and can't wait for more information on this product/treatment.

Do with have anymore news of a launch date...excel??

I've noticed in the article in Scratch that it states the product has to be cured under an LED lamp for 60 secs, does this mean I can't cure it under my CND UV lamp or that it just needs to be cured for longer than with the LED?

Not sure if anyone will know the answer as obviously I know it's not launched yet but if anyone does I would love to know x

I am interested in trying this for my own nails aswell, mines are crap and always peeling and my shellac doesn't last very long even wih Brisa light smoothing gel. My nails are probably more suited to l&p in fact, but I will try this. :). But if it doesn't help I know it's my crappy nails.

Any ideas when we can buy this?

Where do we buy it in the uk?

Latest posts

Back