Nails for Kids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
Does anyone know the legal / Health & Safety / insurance position on providing nail services to under 16s.

I would like to do nail parties for little girls - sort of nail art & basic manicure - not extensions. Also what age can you apply extensions (have been asked for them by a 12 year old)

I am worried about the chemicals not being appropriate for kids, and if there was a problem would I be insured. Would it be better to buy child specific products from comewhere like Claire's accesories?

Any advice is very welcome.

Well, I don't know about legal requirements, but we have had this discussion on here before, and most technicians refuse to do extensions under the age of 16.

Children under this age cannot afford to keep up to the rebalances, and they don't know how to look after them properly. One technician on here had a mother come into her with a 12year old girl. A different technician had put extensions on the little girl and when she caught it, it ripped her natural nail off!

I think nail art parties are a fantastic idea, and I don't think the nail varnishes are much different, it's just their packaging appeals to the younger market.

Hope this helps,
BN03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back