Nails from my dining room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmadorney

Reaction score
Hello geeks I’m just starting up working from home I have a spare room I’m making in to a beauty room next year but can’t afford this this side of Xmas so I’m going to be doing gel nails for now. The only place I can do this is at my dining room table would this be unprofessional ? There are no family pics , it’s a good space looks out on to a private garden with woodland at the back I have cozy lighting in there and very simple colours! Obviously I would be covering half of the table with my towels and laying everything out as I would in a salon. Has anyone got any more tips to keep it professional looking ? I’m hoping they will keep comming back to me as I use good products , I’m good at what I do and have a good personality! Any help would be great xx

I would struggle to work at the height of a dining room table and I would guess that it would be awkward to stretch over too.
Would it be possible for you to get a nail tech desk?
Then you can set it up with good lighting and organised products.
Ideally you need to make the room less personal but make the most of the good views. Perhaps some trendy screens to hide the telly etc behind?

I agree about the size of the dining table. Could you move it out the room while you’re working?

I agree about the size of the dining table. Could you move it out the room while you’re working?

It’s a really big table so have no where to move it to to be honest I would be working on a corner so not the best position but have no room to put a nail table in there x

I would struggle to work at the height of a dining room table and I would guess that it would be awkward to stretch over too.
Would it be possible for you to get a nail tech desk?
Then you can set it up with good lighting and organised products.
Ideally you need to make the room less personal but make the most of the good views. Perhaps some trendy screens to hide the telly etc behind?

There is no tv or anything in there at the min just table and side board I would be working from a corner so not too much stretching I’ll try and attach a pic x

I did my mums nails at my dining room table and it was too wide and so uncomfortable!
Ive had to buy a proper manicure table x

Hello geeks I’m just starting up working from home I have a spare room I’m making in to a beauty room next year but can’t afford this this side of Xmas so I’m going to be doing gel nails for now. The only place I can do this is at my dining room table would this be unprofessional ? There are no family pics , it’s a good space looks out on to a private garden with woodland at the back I have cozy lighting in there and very simple colours! Obviously I would be covering half of the table with my towels and laying everything out as I would in a salon. Has anyone got any more tips to keep it professional looking ? I’m hoping they will keep comming back to me as I use good products , I’m good at what I do and have a good personality! Any help would be great xx

You can buy (lotus Bromley portable manicure station) it’s portable so you can just undo it and put it in safe place ones treatment is finished I used it years ago and it’s even good if you do mobile service

Latest posts

Back