Nails | Grand Master Geek Gets Scratch Star Nomination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
It's that time of year again. Scratch Magazine, the nail industry's leading publication, has issued their list of finalists for the Scratch Star Awards and our very own Grand Master Geek has made the shortlist for Services To The Nail Industry.

Samuel Sweet landed in the nail industry at the tender age of 21 and after attending every CND Masterclass a number of times, he was invited to attend Bootcamp and became a member of the elite team of CND Education Ambassadors.

Samuel Sweet quickly became one of the most sought after speakers and educators in the business and in 1999 he became a founding member of the prestigious Team Creative (now Team CND). As if that didn't keep him busy enough, in 2005 he became Style Director for the HABIA skills team and also Vice Chairs the Nail Forum.

In the meantime, behind the scenes, he set up a website, SamuelSweet.com which in turn became TheNailGeek.com and finally, in 2002, morphed into SalonGeek.com - the site we all know and love so well today. Salon Geek quickly grew into the world's largest online forum for salon professionals and has provided (and continues to provide) invaluable help and support for beauty and nail professionals/geeks around the world.

It is with great pride that we see Samuel Sweet's name on that list and one that (honestly!) we can't believe hasn't been there before. I have no doubt he'll be mortified by this post, but credit where credit's due, Samuel Sweet has been driving the industry forward whether as an educator, a member of Team CND, the founder of Sweet Squared or as our very own Grand Master Geek - founder of Salon Geek.

Good luck GMG - I know who I'm voting for.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Samuel_Sweet_bw_240.jpg
    Samuel_Sweet_bw_240.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 159
Congratulations Sam! And Good luck...you'll nail it, no doubt!

(Ed, thats a fantastic picture you've chosen! Chhhhhheeeeeessseeee!!!!:D)

Brilliant and well deserved. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thanks guys, it was a nice surprise to be nominated along with some other great guys :)

Fantastic to see you on there Sam!

Samuel absolutely deserves to win this award....he represents everything that is so great about our industry and the knowledge, integrity and passion Samuel shows constantly to drive our industry forward really is inspiring.

Good luck 🍀🍀🍀

A well deserved nomination! Well done Samuel! X

Well done! You Rock :) xxx

Well done Samuel! X

Congratulations, Samuel! :hug:

Way to go big guy.

Bravo! Well deserved and congrats!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back