Nails help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrybeany

Reaction score
So... I went to have my nails done last night... I normally gel my own but as they were brittle and short I thought I'd have acrylics rather than doing my own false nails...

The nail tech noticed on my little finger that I have a line that in my "non professional" opinion I thought was an area where I had over filed...

She wasn't convinced tho as it runs vertical from cuticle to free edge... it's pink and appears darker when the finger pad is pressed... it is on the "ridge" of finger nail...

She seemed pretty concerned that I get it checked but given that it was late on a Friday I googled instead... now I'm absolutely terrified!!

It doesn't look like any of the melanoma pics... it looks like an area of over filing but just so happens to be in a line rather than a patch...

Can any one offer any advice please??

I am going to call the doctors but won't be able to get in for a few days... I've already had one sleepless night!

Thanks in advance xxx

This panic did the rounds a few months back due to a FB post. I posted a link to an Article in Nails Magazine about the issue. Yes it can be an indication of cancer, rarely in Caucasians, and there are many many other reasons. If you are worried then of course see your doctor but its highly unlikely to be anything sinister

I agree with a Trinity and would recommend seeing your GP if you are concerned.
If your nails are brittle and over filed I’d also recommend some TLC from a qualified professional rather than using gel at home. These products can cause an allergic reaction from over exposure.

Latest posts

Back