Nails help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Ok so I don’t go to salons anymore due to having underling conditions, my MIL was supposed to either like stay away from them too or tell me if she goes in case so she can keep away for 2 weeks. COVID is awful around my parts nowadays. This is why I gave them up myself.

she had no experience with nails and claims she removed her acrylics today and they look like this, to me this looks like a new set, please help so I can tell!! Because I don’t want to see her if she’s lying about thi. I can get very sick

Attachments

• 151D5A56-C3CF-430B-A9ED-D8E9DFEC5B6E.png
    151D5A56-C3CF-430B-A9ED-D8E9DFEC5B6E.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 198
That’s a new set.

That’s a new set.
Wow. Thanks. I don’t care if she goes but the lying is incredible. I appreciate it... I was hoping in my heart this was a really good removal process

Definitely a new set of something, maybe she's not lying and they are gel/polygel rather than acrylic.

Depending on the type of salon she uses some will lie about the products they are using.

Definitely a new set of something, maybe she's not lying and they are gel/polygel rather than acrylic.

Depending on the type of salon she uses some will lie about the products they are using.

thanks...
if she went to a salon at all I’m supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks so I am very glad I have pros here to let me know. She can go wherever she wants but she needs to tell me. The numbers are insane in NY/NJ, and while I went when the numbers were low I have autoimmune issues sothis is a big no no. Although it’s a slight chance it’s a chance and she doesn’t go to the best salons that follow the closest protocols.

for real with all this nail drama I should make a tv show. Lol I’d be the neorotic nail picker... my MIL would be the deceitful mail customer hiding hidden betrayal and you would all be the wise nail techs cracking the cases like detectives hahahaha

I have to make light of this because it’s really unbelievable she’d lie about nails. Lol wow. Well thanks all

Last edited:
Ok so I don’t go to salons anymore due to having underling conditions, my MIL was supposed to either like stay away from them too or tell me if she goes in case so she can keep away for 2 weeks. COVID is awful around my parts nowadays. This is why I gave them up myself.

she had no experience with nails and claims she removed her acrylics today and they look like this, to me this looks like a new set, please help so I can tell!! Because I don’t want to see her if she’s lying about thi. I can get very sick
Definitely newly done and don’t look like the job a first timer would do ! Stay away

Definitely newly done and don’t look like the job a first timer would do ! Stay away

Thank you so much. It is really unbelievable. She like didn't get color on it to try to fool us. Ridiculous.

Just to vent a little. She said she removed hers with a freaking BUFFER and put glue allover her nails. I didn't see any growth so I was highly suspicious plus GLUE. Get out. I am not dummy but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and ask you all. Wow. Wow. I am so angry :mad:

Maybe she just misses her son, DIL and furry grandkids and is willing to use any means to get there. No excuse, but maybe a reason.

Maybe she just misses her son, DIL and furry grandkids and is willing to use any means to get there. No excuse, but maybe a reason.

Yup I get it. She saw us last week though and many times before that. We see her all the time so she could have went 2 weeks. :-/

Ok so I told my husband who told her considering my issue. The MIL said she drilled her acrylic nails off herself and went to the salon to pick up nail strengthener and then the woman evened out when she was there with her drill?? Like she said this was a removal process?? And then she went home and put nail glue and a top coat on them?? Like is this possible at all?? she’s saying she was there for 5 min max. Before she went in she had a full set of nails that grew out about 5 weeks or so.

My hub is not sure what to believe because he knows nothing about nails but sounds BS to me. It looks to me like she had them done andshe’s trying to weasel out of it

Ok so I told my husband who told her considering my issue. The MIL said she drilled her acrylic nails off herself and went to the salon to pick up nail strengthener and then the woman evened out when she was there with her drill?? Like she said this was a removal process?? And then she went home and put nail glue and a top coat on them?? Like is this possible at all?? she’s saying she was there for 5 min max. Before she went in she had a full set of nails that grew out about 5 weeks or so.

My hub is not sure what to believe because he knows nothing about nails but sounds BS to me. It looks to me like she had them done andshe’s trying to weasel out of it

She's definitely had something put on them. Its possible its a 'dip' product - you paint on resin (which looks like glue) dip in a powder then apply a topcoat that activates the powder so cause a curing process.

Either way she has visited a nail salon which reading between the lines is not the behaviour you are/were expecting

She's definitely had something put on them. Its possible its a 'dip' product - you paint on resin (which looks like glue) dip in a powder then apply a topcoat that activates the powder so cause a curing process.

Either way she has visited a nail salon which reading between the lines is not the behaviour you are/were expecting

Yes yes thanks lol I just was advised to not visit anyone right now considering the numbers even if it is a small risk. Thanks

Looks like newly applied product to ne.
Regardless she has now admitted she went to a salon, the time spent there is irrelevant and she has broken your rules.
Its now up to you how you handle the situation.
PS if she is lying about visiting a nail salon what else is she lying about?

Looks like newly applied product to ne.
Regardless she has now admitted she went to a salon, the time spent there is irrelevant and she has broken your rules.
Its now up to you how you handle the situation.
PS if she is lying about visiting a nail salon what else is she lying about?

Thanks and noted. My husband is awesome and he always stands by me, thank goodness. She still won’t admit she made an appointment and came up with some half cocked story about how she tried removing them at home and they got messed up so the woman spent 5 mins drilling them even.

Lucky for me my hub is very aware now. The numbers are too high for me to fool around. If I knew maybe she was going to very safe salons like the one I went to when the numbers were so so so low back in the fall but she doesn’t. I know the exact spot she goes to and it’s what you guys called a chop shop.

I know some places can be really safe (mine said recently on social media to have 0 cases since reopening...) I still don’t go because it’s not worth a tiny risk right now.

One thing this virus has taught me is to be responsible for your own protection. People's opinions vary so much. Some people think they don't need to wear masks, isolate, use hand sanitizer etc.
I am in a high risk group, so I protect myself as much as I can.
Luckily it has not been very bad where I live in South Australia, but I still do what I feel is necessary to my needs. I still wear a mask when out in public.

What is NOT on is if you have made your wishes clear and people come to your home without respecting this!
Your MIL is being very disrespectful, as our home is one of the places people should feel safe. I hope your husband can put his foot down and make clear your household rules and refuse to open the door to her. Especially as she has lied about what she has done.

I was most annoyed when I got to work today and my desk space had been used (dead give away, mouse was on the right and I am left handed!!!). I know it was my boss. His outlook on the virus is a lot different to mine and that is fine. BUT DON'T USE MY DESK SPACE. He has his own or he could use his wife's but NO, he thinks he should use mine.
But as I said I can only be responsible for my own protection so out came the spray sanitizer and I DRENCHED my equipment with it.

How good would it be if she comes to your house that you spray the heck out of her, just a funny thought! Might get the point across. OR you could spend the time she is there spraying surfaces and wiping them down continuously. Ahahahahaha

One thing this virus has taught me is to be responsible for your own protection. People's opinions vary so much. Some people think they don't need to wear masks, isolate, use hand sanitizer etc.
I am in a high risk group, so I protect myself as much as I can.
Luckily it has not been very bad where I live in South Australia, but I still do what I feel is necessary to my needs. I still wear a mask when out in public.

What is NOT on is if you have made your wishes clear and people come to your home without respecting this!
Your MIL is being very disrespectful, as our home is one of the places people should feel safe. I hope your husband can put his foot down and make clear your household rules and refuse to open the door to her. Especially as she has lied about what she has done.

I was most annoyed when I got to work today and my desk space had been used (dead give away, mouse was on the right and I am left handed!!!). I know it was my boss. His outlook on the virus is a lot different to mine and that is fine. BUT DON'T USE MY DESK SPACE. He has his own or he could use his wife's but NO, he thinks he should use mine.
But as I said I can only be responsible for my own protection so out came the spray sanitizer and I DRENCHED my equipment with it.

How good would it be if she comes to your house that you spray the heck out of her, just a funny thought! Might get the point across. OR you could spend the time she is there spraying surfaces and wiping them down continuously. Ahahahahaha

I completely agree. I think there’s many ways people are handling the pandemic, and people are setting boundaries that feel right to them. Everyone deserves their decisions and boundaries respected. It annoys me too when people insult how someone else is handling it. Everyone has a right to handle it in the way that makes them comfortable, and it’s no one else’s place to cross that line. Like for real!!! Your boss shouldn’t have touched that mouse.

Sadly, there’s such a lack of human decency. My hub is a teacher and when his school was still open, he met with a parent on Zoom who was exposed to COVID with her son. She was going to send her son in anyway which would expose my husband when they were instructed to stay home for 2 weeks and be tested. Thank god his principal put an end to that and didn’t allow the kid to come in. People just don’t care about other people, and it’s unsettling. Very very very unsettling.

Haha and trust me we made the point across. We aren’t seeing her for quite a bit due to suspicions. My area is hit hard right now. Hospitals are filling up and I can’t risk it. My hub won’t risk it either for me. I’ve been cutting his hair and my own now lol I haven’t gone out even for groceries. Not gonna risk it over some nails. Just wish she got her set colored at this point lol she left them clear to come up with this silly story. I am not a nail tech clearly but who was she kidding here. Soo silly

Where I live we have had a total of 563 cases and 4 deaths, in our whole state.
It has been handled extremely well here. We were put in lock down for 6 days recently, it ended early and was only 3 in the end. I am not complaining, I do what I am directed to do by our government.

My boss feels he is untouchable and is concerned about how it affects his business. He complained when we were locked down for 2 business days, panicked almost.

There is such a lack of human decency and disrespect. I limited my movements back in February, changed some of my ways, only really left the house to work because luckily for me I have a fairly safe work environment and do not deal with the public. I started restricting the times I did food shopping to once a fortnight, etc.
But others around me were worried about their beauty appointments and were still carrying on as usual.
I have not commenced taking on nail clients and have no plans to, I do not rely on this for income thank goodness.
It really does come down to each to their own.

I really find it disgusting what lengths your MIL has gone to, to cover up her indiscretions. Does she really think people are that stupid?
You did the right thing by asking us and I think everyone who has commented has said its a new set and I totally agree.
I am glad your husband has backed you and she is not welcome for now.

What area do you live in? I am horrified hearing stories about the US and UK. Even though we have things under control here, it can change in the blink of an eye like it did to us a month ago.
We were completely free of it for a while and only seem to get cases now from repat flights of Aust Citizens who are testing positive while in quarantine. (apart from a leak into the community a month ago which caused our shutdown).

stay safe everyone x

Where I live we have had a total of 563 cases and 4 deaths, in our whole state.
It has been handled extremely well here. We were put in lock down for 6 days recently, it ended early and was only 3 in the end. I am not complaining, I do what I am directed to do by our government.

My boss feels he is untouchable and is concerned about how it affects his business. He complained when we were locked down for 2 business days, panicked almost.

There is such a lack of human decency and disrespect. I limited my movements back in February, changed some of my ways, only really left the house to work because luckily for me I have a fairly safe work environment and do not deal with the public. I started restricting the times I did food shopping to once a fortnight, etc.
But others around me were worried about their beauty appointments and were still carrying on as usual.
I have not commenced taking on nail clients and have no plans to, I do not rely on this for income thank goodness.
It really does come down to each to their own.

I really find it disgusting what lengths your MIL has gone to, to cover up her indiscretions. Does she really think people are that stupid?
You did the right thing by asking us and I think everyone who has commented has said its a new set and I totally agree.
I am glad your husband has backed you and she is not welcome for now.

What area do you live in? I am horrified hearing stories about the US and UK. Even though we have things under control here, it can change in the blink of an eye like it did to us a month ago.
We were completely free of it for a while and only seem to get cases now from repat flights of Aust Citizens who are testing positive while in quarantine. (apart from a leak into the community a month ago which caused our shutdown).

stay safe everyone x

You are so lucky you are from an area that handled it so well but you’re smart taking the precautions. My opinion (and it’s only an opinion) is that this is temporary and it’s worth a little discomfort for the long term health of my family and me. I also have to agree what my MIL did was ridiculous, and although this seems like a small thing (nails,) I really feel like she crossed a big line I’m going to have some trouble forgetting. It is not my place to tell her not to go but I wish she’d have told me she’d see me in two weeks. We saw her the week prior so it wasn’t such a big deal, and her salon is not the cleanest place from scratch. I live in the US. And my MIL lives in NYC in an area hit by 25% of all the deaths in NYC sooo if she’s taking risks I’m definitely out. Not worth it nope nope nope.

It’s a mess in the US, and salons are doing their best I know this. My go to salon which I won’t go to until the numbers go way way down or I’m vaccinated reported 0 covid cases since they opened in June but I still won’t take a chance. I know everyone is working hard, so I tried to help by buying a gift card in the meantime. My hair salon closed months ago so I really do empathize with small businesses first hand.

We have been so fortunate and I praise our government for making tough decisions and the majority of our citizens fir following orders.

The fact your MIL took those actions over such a small thing -getting her fricken nails done- just shows selfish behaviour to me and I would not want her in my home because she doesn't share the concerns of my household. So disrespectful !

Stay as safe as you can hun.
It seems like you are taking as many precautions as you can.

We have been so fortunate and I praise our government for making tough decisions and the majority of our citizens fir following orders.

The fact your MIL took those actions over such a small thing -getting her fricken nails done- just shows selfish behaviour to me and I would not want her in my home because she doesn't share the concerns of my household. So disrespectful !

Stay as safe as you can hun.
It seems like you are taking as many precautions as you can.

I completely agree! I am glad I am not overreacting. I’ve been very nice to her but I won’t forget this and it will certainly change things. But I’m very optimistic this vaccine will be implemented soon and we should all be ok soon if we continue taking precautions. So happy my hub is remote for now too. Stay safe yourself. :)

Latest posts

Back