Nails in Barcelona and tip and dipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SammiG

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a client and friend who is moving to Barcelona soon. She loves her nails and would like to learn to do it herself. Does anyone know of any training schools in or around Barcelona that I can suggest?

...Also - I have just been reading my new 'Nails' mag (page 41) Tip and dip. I hadn't even heard of it unless it was for glitter!( I'm still quite a new tech)! Are they strong? And I thought you had to use acrylic powder with a liquid to make it work properly?and do you get a lot of wastage? I can't wait to give it a try!

Sam x

Hey,
Yes there is Creative Beauty in Barcelona they are the main distributors for Spain,you will need to call (0034) 93 274 73 75. If you are English speaking you will need to ask for Ariadna or spanish speaking ask for Conchi she is the Educadora de Creative. The e-mail is [email protected]
They are having free presentaion days throughout April and May so if you are around give them a call they will be delighted to send you an invitation.

Hiya

why dont you pm gigi she lives there!! "The geeg"

I use the tip and dip and I love it. The one I use is called Quick Nails by The Edge (Alida). It is acrylic powder and brush on resin, and a spray set. It is just as strong as any other acrylic system, buffs to a lovely shine, and involves very little filing. I have hardly had any lifting at all, either on customers nails or my own. :D Give it a try!!
SammiG said:
Hi there,

I have a client and friend who is moving to Barcelona soon. She loves her nails and would like to learn to do it herself. Does anyone know of any training schools in or around Barcelona that I can suggest?

...Also - I have just been reading my new 'Nails' mag (page 41) Tip and dip. I hadn't even heard of it unless it was for glitter!( I'm still quite a new tech)! Are they strong? And I thought you had to use acrylic powder with a liquid to make it work properly?and do you get a lot of wastage? I can't wait to give it a try!

Sam x

When i first learned to do nails, i worked with a system like this one and although it was really easy to use, i found that it was not very durable. The nails look very nice but they break and lift a lot more than acrylic or gels. I've also had a few customers come in from other salons with this dip system on their nails complaining that they are always breaking. Once they switch to gels they can go an average of 4 weeks between fills with no problems!

Winky is correct. the tip and dip method is not as durable, strong or as long lasting as any of the other type of Acrylic overlays including wraps.

Tip 'n dip can work quite well over a strong natural nailplate but when it comes to weak or bitten of misshapped nails I'm afraid it doesn't really cut it.

Thank you so much for your help!!

I passed my first assesment yesterday for Unit 19! Yay!! I did a set of gels and must admit, I think they were the best set I have ever done! I think it must have been the pressure and nervousness. I was quite scared at first but then started to enjoy it! .. I would have only spent the day cleaning the house otherwise! Let me think... Nails or cleaning?Mmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back