Nails in Spain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi
I am moving to Spain and would like to open a nail bar/salon.
Has anyone else done this and could they give me any advice?
Mike

Hiya

I think you will find geeg will be able to give you all the answers on that one :D
Take care Dawnie

There are many technicians in Spain paarticularly on the Costas. To which part of Spain are you moving??
Last year I was moaning about there not being many really great technicians here - just very average BUT things are changing and there are some really excellent technicians here now. Most wotk within beauty or hair salons and rent space. There are a few dedicated nail salons and more are springing up every month.
The young Spanish are really beginning to get in to nails and of course there are many other nationalities represented here. Better be excellent at all systems as the Germans want gels, the Brits want Liquid & Powder and the Fabric# Wrap system is going down very well here.
I can tell you more when I know more about where you wish to set up your business. 8)

Hi
Hopefully moving to just outside Benidorm in July Or August.
At the moment just a newby but I Have done f/glass wraps.gel and liquid/powder.
Trained with Creative in London still practising but will be good. I am determined.
Also do a lot of airbrush work, tanning (not much good in Spain) but also nail art, temp tattoos and make up.
Mike

Sounds like you have covered most of the bases to offer a lot of cool services.

Benidorm is not the ideal location to set up a business BUT there are loads of towns around Benidorm that are great locations. Benidorm is full of Brits that don't want to spend any money except on drink. IF and I mean IF they have any money left at the end of the holiday (because the object is to spend every dime) they might look at a nail service BUT won't spend a penny on retail and of course will not come back for maintenance.
Albir (right next to Benidorm is a good place) or Alfaz del Pi.

I once had a friend who worked in Benidorm and she moved out because the business was so bad. Everyone was interested in nail art until they saw that it cost them something and they'd walk out. And of course she would get 'repairs'.

The techs who are doing the best business are in the smaller towns where there are maybe a few people doing nails so there is interest and this is where your repeat customers LIVE not just come for a holiday. And if you are good, the customers in the area soon find out and make a bee line to your door. Ask Jo Carlisle?? She is a member, and is runing a great business here.

I live on the Costa Blanca (same coast as Benidorm) and I know the area and all the technicians really well. Hope this gives you food for thought.

:twisted: ;) I have a Salon in Spain, 45 mins South of Alicante called Torrevieja. There is a lot more poping up here now but most of them do only Gel, I offer all the systems but the most popular is L&P. Good luck with your move, it is hard work but stick with it and it will pay off! Contact me direct if you need any help or support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back