Nails Inc dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonails

Reaction score
I've been offered a job at Nails Inc. The hours are slightly more than my current retail job, same days, but when I had the interview, there were so many points where I was like... is this actually what I want to do?

I'm a shy person, not keen on stopping randoms and trying to sell sell sell. I hate when people do that to me. So I feel like I wouldn't even hit my targets. Also they specified that we have to wear a hell of a load of makeup, and I only wear concealer and mascara. Not keen on making my already sensitive skin breakout.

I really want to work in a nail salon (I'm currently studying Level 3 Nails) so I guess this would be a good start, but it doesn't seem as salon-y as I woulda have hoped. Just more about the products.

My current job isn't bad enough for me to want to leave it for a job that I don't feel like I would be good at doing. I don't want to start at Nails Inc and end up leaving because I hate it and end up with no job at all.

Do you think it would be stupid of me to reject the job offer, even though it's the industry I want to work in?

I think you've answered your own question in this post!! X

I think you have too. If you aren't sales orientated, then I'd really give this a wide birth. If salon experience is what you're after, I personally don't believe that Nails Inc is the correct setting for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back