Nails | Jada Pinkett Smith Rocks Aswesome Nail Art in Gotham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I'm always on the look out for fab nail art attached to even more fabulous celebrities and right now, the hottest thing I can see on TV is Jada Pinkett Smith's fab fingertips in Gotham.

While we may associate Batman's home town with greyness, villains, doom and death, there's no doubt that Pinkett-Smith's character in the show, Fish Mooney, is bringing a little life and colour to it. Fish is a nightclub-owning, slinky-dress wearing boss with some pretty spectacular talons. Speaking to Allure.com, Pinkett-Smith's manicurist dishes the dirt on those fabulous nails.

How do you decide on the design?
"We sit down at Smith's apartment, and she shows me the dress she’s wearing that week. We look at the color, texture, and then put something together."

How do Smith’s nails reflect her character Fish Mooney?
"The character is crazy, so the nails are severe. They’re her real nails with acrylic on them that I file into a very long stiletto shape. Jada is down for anything, so that’s the fun part."

How long does a design usually take?
"An hour to an hour-and-a-half."

What have some of your favorite looks been so far?
"We’ve done a nude nail with gray ombre, and then the tips were defined in black. We’ve done really dark ombre with purple and black [pictured]. And on the first episode, she had gold veils on her nails. They were like shields glued on. We’ve done everything, whatever we need—polish, gel, acrylic paint."

Any ideas for upcoming episodes?
"We’re doing this snakeskin effect on her nails where they’re black and gold. We actually used a fishnet stocking to create the texture. I painted the nail, stuck the fishnet in the wet polish, and then pulled it off. Things are going to get crazy with spikes, 3-D applique, different nail shapes."

What are some essential tools for creating nail art at home?
"I use paint brushes and makeup sponges, but we’ve been getting more unconventional for the show, like with the fishnets."

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• jada-pinkett-smith-gotham-nails.jpg
    jada-pinkett-smith-gotham-nails.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 256
  • jada-pinkett-smith-gotham-ombre-nails.jpg
    jada-pinkett-smith-gotham-ombre-nails.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts

Back