Nails just "fell" off!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat2004

Reaction score
Hi
I put some acrylic enhancements on my friend's nails the other night, but they all just "fell" off within a couple of days.

When i was putting them on, her hands were very moist, and she said she always suffers with 'sweaty' hands.

Anyway, they 'pinged' straight off, with no damage to her natural nails, but there was a slight musty smell on her nails. I told her that i didn't think she was suitable to have enhancements, because her nail beds were so damp, and it could cause a fungal infection. Was i right to say this, that enhancements won't adhere properly to damp nails/fingers? And is there anything she can do to counteract this problem, or is it a case of visiting a doctor ?

I don't know if this is the best advice..... especially as I don't know what system you use! I use Creative, and when I have had a client in the past with this problem, I have scrubfreshed the nails thoroughly, then just prior to applying my product, I have used 'Nailfresh' to extra cleanse and dehydrate each nail. I have done this for each nail, just before applying the product, rather than doing a whole hand at a time.. not to give the nails enough time to moisten again before application. This has worked for me, and not left me with any problems later.

Sue
kitkat2004 said:
Hi
I put some acrylic enhancements on my friend's nails the other night, but they all just "fell" off within a couple of days.

When i was putting them on, her hands were very moist, and she said she always suffers with 'sweaty' hands.

Anyway, they 'pinged' straight off, with no damage to her natural nails, but there was a slight musty smell on her nails. I told her that i didn't think she was suitable to have enhancements, because her nail beds were so damp, and it could cause a fungal infection. Was i right to say this, that enhancements won't adhere properly to damp nails/fingers? And is there anything she can do to counteract this problem, or is it a case of visiting a doctor ?

I've been using NGA acrylic system, cos that's what i was trained with, and i've never had any problems with it b4.it was just this one occasion with the 'sweaty' hands !!

sue4d777 said:
I don't know if this is the best advice..... especially as I don't know what system you use! I use Creative, and when I have had a client in the past with this problem, I have scrubfreshed the nails thoroughly, then just prior to applying my product, I have used 'Nailfresh' to extra cleanse and dehydrate each nail. I have done this for each nail, just before applying the product, rather than doing a whole hand at a time.. not to give the nails enough time to moisten again before application. This has worked for me, and not left me with any problems later.

Sue

Sue,

the only thing to watch with this is that Scrubfresh leaves behind pathogen fighters - for powerprep use Scrubfresh - Nailfresh then Scrubfresh again before application.

Glad it works for you but this would probably work even better.

kitkat2004 said:
Hi

You were wrong and you were right. Wrong about the fungal infection bit but right about the damp nails. Fungal infections on fingers are very rare. If you were meaning 'green nail' this is a bacterial infction and not fungal.

People who suffer form the really sweaty hand syndrom are NOT good wearers of nail enhancements. You almost have to see them weekly to have any success with them and sets need to be renewed more frequently.
Actually they are a nightmare to do too. I once had a client and we had to keep drying her hands as I did her nails, as her hands were ringing wet again in minutes. I actually have never had such a horrible experience in the salon before or since as doing this client's nails.

I've told her i'm not gonna put them on her again, cos this is twice it's happened now, and for one thing, there's nothing worse than holding someone's sweaty hand whilst your doing work on it !!!

kitkat2004 said:
I've told her i'm not gonna put them on her again, cos this is twice it's happened now, and for one thing, there's nothing worse than holding someone's sweaty hand whilst your doing work on it !!!

Most unpleasent!!! I actually couldn't hold on to her fingers whilst filing they were so wet.

hi
i just got to say :eek: :green: yuk gross

geeg said:
Most unpleasent!!! I actually couldn't hold on to her fingers whilst filing they were so wet.

geeg said:
Actually they are a nightmare to do too. I once had a client and we had to keep drying her hands as I did her nails, as her hands were ringing wet again in minutes. I actually have never had such a horrible experience in the salon before or since as doing this client's nails.
I had a new client last week exactly how you described. I and had previously been a nail biter so had really short beds, fan shaped and ski jump nails too. Absolutely challenging for me but it was awful to hold her hands all that time which is a shame when she was sooooooooo nice. I just hope they don`t all come off and it puts her off coming back, especially since I am knew in the salon

i think i have said this before but my daughter suffers from this condition, i tried different l&p on her and had bad results because of the sweating she has, then i tried creative, i scrubfresh, nailfresh then scrubfresh and complete one finger at a time, i place some paper roll in the palm of my left hand so i have some grip when pulling back the lateral folds, and they are fine, in fact she has no lifting at all, she loves to have her nails done and she would be so upset if i said she could`nt have them on any more, they take longer to do but she`s my daughter, so i dont mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back