Nails keep lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I was taught to do a the first bead at the cuticle and work down and feather reverse from free edge to centre I can try this my brush is a # 6 do you think I'm applying to much acrylic? Could that be a reason I literally have no idea on what else I'm doing wrong sorry about the pics these are ones I post I don't have any closer ones is my prep list sound right or should I change a few things? X

Should only be 240 grit file to remove the shine on natural nails otherwise you will be thinning it (which will not help your cause)

That application is upside down to most training. I've heard of reverse application though.

Sorry, I use a 150 or 180 to remove shine.
150 is my all rounder file though and I've used them for years and never had a problem.

Okay I was taught to do a the first bead at the cuticle and work down and feather reverse from free edge to centre I can try this my brush is a # 6 do you think I'm applying to much acrylic? Could that be a reason I literally have no idea on what else I'm doing wrong sorry about the pics these are ones I post I don't have any closer ones is my prep list sound right or should I change a few things? X
Yes try the other way, I use a 6 or 8 brush depending on clients designed length and size of their nail beds etc.

Sorry, I use a 150 or 180 to remove shine.
150 is my all rounder file though and I've used them for years and never had a problem.
Wow, you really shouldn't be using this on the natural nails, no matter how lightly you think you're buffing, it's too much.

This is reverse method which is fine but rare to be trained that way.

Size 6 brush should be more than okay and definitely not too large, I think the average is an #8

It's hard to say what's going on with your prep, if you're not doing what's in the link of the video that I sent then you may not be removing the cuticle thoroughly and this will have a MASSIVE impact.

Tbh although some of your acrylic/polish (hard to tell) around the cuticle area could do with refining they don't look particularly over loaded, I'd guess the prep isn't thorough enough but without clearer pictures it really is hard to say for sure.

Wow, you really shouldn't be using this on the natural nails, no matter how lightly you think you're buffing, it's too much.
I was taught to use a 180 not a 240, also it's in the manufacturers guideline to use a 180.
But yes maybe not the 150.

I was taught to use a 180 not a 240, also it's in the manufacturers guideline to use a 180.
But yes maybe not the 150.
Which company is this? I'm shocked, it's far too high. A 180 is perfect for shaping the acrylic, not a light buff on the natural nail :(

Which company is this? I'm shocked, it's far too high. A 180 is perfect for shaping the acrylic, not a light buff on the natural nail :(
Nsi advise 180 grit file

Yes NSI.

Well thank you for all your advice I will try the application starting from free edge see how that go sadly I couldn't watch the video sent but I'm sure I can find some to watch I will use the 240 grit to lightly buff nail before application and try refine my cuticle edge hopefully that will come with doing the application from free edge up,,,I will keep at it I'm enjoying the nail industry I know practice makes perfect [emoji106] X

Gosh that's terrible, I was trained using NSI but through my local college, I always said it was crap but not sure whether they advised this as well, it's way too harsh :(

Well thank you for all your advice I will try the application starting from free edge see how that go sadly I couldn't watch the video sent but I'm sure I can find some to watch I will use the 240 grit to lightly buff nail before application and try refine my cuticle edge hopefully that will come with doing the application from free edge up,,,I will keep at it I'm enjoying the nail industry I know practice makes perfect [emoji106] X
Hi, there's lots of videos on
https://nailangel.co.uk all using Nsi products. I hope this helps x

Try looking on YouTube it's called fingernail fixer, removing the real cuticle x

This client has been to me 3 times now and she has been to other places before me. She barley makes it to the 2 week infil as most of her nails are off. She says this is really goog for her as other places she's been to they tend to cone off after 4 days and she never has infils always a new set every time. Her nail beds are good no damage to them and she has a good length of nail as well. I think she produces alot of oils in her nails thats why they lift and flick off but shes really happy with my work and that they last nearly 10/12 days. Is there anything else i can do. I use young nails protein bond and nsi acrylic i have also used nsi primer but they came off quicker than the protein bond. Any advice would be great.

Tracey1969,
I am the EXACT same way with my nails.
Did you EVER find the issue with this client?
Mine lift from the sides and chip from the free edge.
I try my best to do everything properly, but I always have issues with my nails.
It is so aggravating.

Latest posts

Back