Nails lifted on Gellux removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Aurasoma

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quickie, I've just taken off my Gellux nails (following correct procedure) after 2 weeks and I've noticed that 3 of them have slightly lifted from the free edge along the bed :sad:.

Any ideas as to why ? Rough removal maybe, although it didn't feel too rough :irked: ?

I soaked them for a good 10 mins, the gellux had lifted around the edges but I did give them a good scrape to get them right off :cry:.

All suggestions gratefully received !!! I'm new to Gellux any only did the course a few weeks ago - so may be doing something wrong!

Sarah :D

Nothingbutnails

Reaction score
Hey hun,
I was told in my training that gellux, gelcolor, shellac, gellish etc should all be used on natural nails, overlays or sculptures only as if you have a set with tips when you soak the gel colour off it can start to erode the tips.
Somebody please correct me if im wrong and i hope you get what i mean

Aurasoma

Reaction score
Hi hun,

Yes that is right, at least that is what I was told too :D It is my natural nails that have lifted from the free edge, just at the sides :cry:

x

lucyboo

Reaction score
Keep them short & use solar oil as much as you can.
It will help sort it out x

Aurasoma

Reaction score
Thanks Lucyboo can do, sad thing is that you can only use on natural nail so I really don't want them too short ! Ho hum !!!!!!!

x

lucyboo

Reaction score
I'd keep them short until the lifting has gone, as if they are longer every time you catch them you could make the lifting worse x

Latest posts