Nails lifting at sides

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saraxxj

Reaction score
Hi! Since I started to grow my nails longer I noticed the pink part also grew a little bit and I was happy about it. But since several months I noticed my nails are slowly lifting at sides and after all this time I can tell they are getting worse, the pink part now has this weird almost round shape. It might be a slight case of onycholysis but I don't know what to do about it since it couldn't be trauma (I don't use my hands much) or products. Is it possibile to stop this process and make the sides of my nails grow back on their nail beds?

Can you post a picture?

Can you post a picture?

Sorry for the super late reply but my nails currently look like this! I'm keeping them short until I'll figure out this problem. You can really see how rounded the nail beds have become 😭

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_224246.jpg
    IMG_20210213_224246.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20210213_224451.jpg
    IMG_20210213_224451.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
I am going to bump this thread because I’m really curious. I feel like these are totally normal nails. Maybe this pandemic has us all a little neurotic about the teensy imperfections :)

Sorry for the super late reply but my nails currently look like this! I'm keeping them short until I'll figure out this problem. You can really see how rounded the nail beds have become 😭
I can't see much lifting it might be that your nails naturally have a free edge that goes further up the side walls than other people's normally do.

I have the problem where I don't have side walls with grooves where the nails grow down on most of my nails. They are just flat from the nail to the skin so you can see the whole of the side of my nails from free edge to the top This really surprised the CND Ambassador who did my nail training.
She said it's just how I was made. I have found nothing that can change it. If anyone has any ideas please let us both know.

Literally hearing during the pandemic many people are overanalyzing their nails. Totally sympathize ❤️

I am going to bump this thread because I’m really curious. I feel like these are totally normal nails. Maybe this pandemic has us all a little neurotic about the teensy imperfections :)

They are :D
Is it like reading your own threads????? 🤣🤪😜

They are :D
Is it like reading your own threads????? 🤣🤪😜
It was! I really really feel this. My hub was concerned about my fixation and found out this is actually crazy common now with the nail fixations. It’s kinda like hypochondria but it’s nails lol I feel this person in every way ❤️

Thank you all for your replies! 💗 btw I get these are totally normale nails but the point is that they sides are kind of lifting (idk how to exactly say it bc english isn't my first language) so they are getting shorter and fragile!

I can't see much lifting it might be that your nails naturally have a free edge that goes further up the side walls than other people's normally do.
And unfortunately this is not it since the edge keeps getting shorter with time 💔

Latest posts

Back