Nails | Nails inc Collaborates With Emerging British Design Talent For LFW

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
To celebrate 15 years of colour and trend-led innovation for nails, Nails inc today announces the launch of a limited edition capsule collection of three polishes in association with The Fashion Innovation Agency and three of the best emerging British designers - David Longshaw, Teatum Jones and Emma Shipley.

The collection launches on 12th February 2014.

Brand Founder Thea Green comments, "Fashion is at the heart of everything Nails inc creates. Each designer was given complete creative control to design packaging for three new fashion forward shades in celebration of London Fashion Week 2014. I am thrilled to be able to showcase such amazing talent."

With a nod to Nails inc’s fashion heritage the three packaging designs pay homage to British fashion talent and showcase the designers to watch in the coming seasons. The collection is only available for six weeks or while stocks last and the colours are set to become collectors items.

About the Designers...

TEATUM JONES

‘The print we’ve chosen for nails inc was inspired by the jacquard patterned suiting of Jackie Kennedy at the peak of her presidential style status as First Lady in the early 1960’s. It brought to mind the versatility of the Nails inc woman; stylishly chic and desirable yet simultaneously a “woman’s woman” that everyone feels they can relate to.’

Catherine Teatum and Rob Jones are the designers behind the label Teatum Jones. Having trained in Womenswear at Ravensbourne College and Central Saint Martin’s respectively they met whilst working together in menswear in Italy. After being chosen as one of the 10 finalists for the Fashion Fringe competition in 2009, they launched their debut capsule Womenswear collection in September 2010.

They received the CFE’s revered Venture Award in 2013. Besotted with the power of narrative, the designers are conceptual in their approach to design whilst remaining loyal to an ethos of authenticity and quality British craftsmanship, which is why it was so exciting to collaborate with such a quintessentially British design-focused brand such as Nails Inc. Teatum Jones sells in internationally renowned Luxury retailers such as Liberty and Fortnum & Mason.

Named by Style.com as “Textile pioneers… poised for a breakout year. Their label is one of the top two sellers on Liberty’s international floor.” February 2014 sees them showing their first Catwalk Show at London Fashion
Week for AW14.

EMMA SHIPLEY

‘Collaborating with Nails inc on this special fashion week project has been really exciting as I’ve been a fan of the brand for years, in particular their bold colour choices. My striking tiger print seemed the perfect choice for this limited edition packaging - it’s beautiful, elegant but fierce; how I would like my nails to be!’

Emma Shipley studied at the Royal College of Art. In 2013 she won the UK Fashion & Textiles RISE Newcomer award and the Emerging Fashion Brand prize at the WGSN Global Fashion Awards. Luxury retailers such as Liberty, Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason and Saks 5th Avenue sell her unique and strikingly
modern prints to customers who appreciate fine art, craftsmanship and originality.

DAVID LONGSHAW

‘I wanted to create something that encapsulates my style and combine it with the fun and playfulness of Nails inc (something we both share in our approach to creativity. The design I’ve created stars my long standing character Maude (the fictional fabric fashion mouse) casting her fashion eye over her surroundings (one of my archive mosaic floral prints). It’s exciting to collaborate with such an innovative British brand, who has a tradition of working with great designers and celebrities, it’s a privilege to be amongst their selection. Nail polish is not only a great finish to a look it’s an affordable fashion accessory which makes this the perfect partnership.’

David Longshaw is not only a fashion designer, he is also a talented illustrator and storyteller. Named as one of the ‘Designers To Watch 2011’ by vogue.com and one of ‘The Rising Stars of 2011’ by ELLE his style is fresh, quirky and quintessentially British. David studied at Central St Martin’s and the Royal College of Art garnering immediate press attention and award nominations. He was the recipient of the inaugural BFC/ELLE Talent Launch Pad.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 21.20.59.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 21.20.59.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 21.21.13.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 21.21.13.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Back