Nails | Name Your Own Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
About a year ago, Sarah Ricklen, 33, was looking for a personalised nail polish as a present for her mum. She couldn't find one so, as you do, she decided to set up her own company offering just that and, Pretty Please was born.

Having initially started as an apparel design student, Ricklen moved on to work in the financial industry before setting up her company. No less than 10,000 bottles of customised polish sold, I think she's on to something.

By now, you'll know how much I love a good pun so any opportunity to get involved and name my own polishes would be my idea of heaven. I have already whiled hours away on the site imagining what I would name the colours. Honestly, it's addictive.

There are only 18 colours to choose from and Ricklen has categorised them into four themes: Berry Blast, Pretty Pastels, Merry & Bright and Color Pop. The limited colour range was intentional. As Ricklen says, "I don't want to be super trendy," and indeed her polishes seem to make perfect baby shower gifts, or wedding favours. In fact, she asked her own friends to be bridesmaids by presenting them with a polish she named, "Stand By Me".

They do only ship to the continental US so unless you're an American Geek you won't be able to get your hands on them but you can still pun your way through hours of procrastination on the site.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• giveaway8.jpg
    giveaway8.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 167
It's a shame they don't ship to the uk. Would make a lovely Christmas present!

I feel a UK geek opportunity coming on!

Latest posts

Back