Nails not drying under new lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
Hi - I'm just after some advice. Before I start I'd just like to say that I'm a therapist who uses Cnd Shellac products.
My friend has bought her daughter a uv lamp from Amazon and some gel polish from Boots/Argos somewhere. However she called me yesterday saying the nail polish isn't drying and they have followed the instructions on application etc.
Now.....being unfamiliar with problems like this myself because I obviously use the best professional products (lol) - do you think it could be a dodgy lamp? I've asked about whether they are keeping the polish layers thin etc and they said yes they have.
I'm going round this morning with my lamp to see if it works with mine. Has anyone else ever had drying problems?
Thanks x

We can't advise on products that are not professional. I would say that your friend has wasted her money and is exposing her daughter to potential allergic reactions

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with jemnails and can't condone what she's doing. However, just a simple thought, is she wiping the dispersion layer off at the end. As you'll know they still feel tacky until this has been removed.

Karaxxx

Im not sure as to why you would be providing her with advice? We have to train hard in order to get our qualifications, sometimes for years dependent on advanced training. Why give away your hard earned knowledge? If she is that interested in nails, she should pay to go on a training course, then will know the answers to her own questions. She should stick to regular polish in the meantime.

Well I'm actually just trying to help her as a friend. Unfortunately I cannot stop people from buying these products off the internet. I think they've answered their own question as in buying/cheaper going elsewhere.

If people want to do their nails at home whats the big problem. I did that before training and shes only trying to help out her friend.

What if its just a case of timing because they bought a different brand of lamp to polishes?

I really don't see any problem with this. it does not sound like she is using a pro product or that she is offering her services to others. She is using a consumer product. Despite our training, people do still have the right to paint their own nails! And don't we all ask such questions of our professional friends?!

Since you say she got the lamp and the polishes from different places, it is likely that the lamp and/or its wattage don't match the polish. You should probably tell her the basic principles of gel polishes - matching the product to the lamp, keeping the layers thin and wiping the inhibition layer at the end. That should probably resolve her problem.

Thanks for your support mlea9 and NancySyd. I was beginning to wonder why I'd bothered asking lol! I went round to have a look at her lamp and i think it's faulty as it doesn't seem to be curing very well. I have told her to send it back.
I did jokingly say that she shouldn't have wasted her time/money and should just carry on getting them done with me! X

Good answer to ur friend lol. My sister in law bought all the kit before I was trained but just has me do them now as cant be bothered herself and I do a better job lol :D

Latest posts

Back