nails on right hand lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterxdust

Reaction score
im still trying to get my acrylics perfect.
ive had them on less than 2 weeks and on my right hand its started lifting on both sides or nail bed. on the left hand the nails are perfect - just growing out now- just wondered could this be because im right handed and i didnt apply enough pressure when applying the ball to the nail bed because im gentler with my left hand.

and do i just need to file the lifted bits and re apply acrylic? sorry not learnt infils :s
x

im still trying to get my acrylics perfect.
ive had them on less than 2 weeks and on my right hand its started lifting on both sides or nail bed. on the left hand the nails are perfect - just growing out now- just wondered could this be because im right handed and i didnt apply enough pressure when applying the ball to the nail bed because im gentler with my left hand.

and do i just need to file the lifted bits and re apply acrylic? sorry not learnt infils :s
x

Could be !

More likely that the prep wasn't as thourough though as it's harder to get into the sidewalls with your wrong hand iykwim hth's

hi ya hun....well i do enhancments on myself and i dont get lifting anymore.....thanks to salon geeks :hug:........i apply product thin in zone 3 and my prep is perfect....are you touching the skin with the left hand??i use to do this cos its hard doing our own nails....xx

thanks

yea i did zone 3 thinly i made sure i did.. could have done them too thin maybe?
its not exactly where i put zone 3 product its more on the sides of zone 2 and is perfect just before my smile line. its secure right near the cuticle, just the sides where the problem is:(

i didnt touch at all wen i was doing them. it looks rubbish cos my left hand looks perfect :sad:

and because whenever ive tried infilling/sorting this problem out i end up soaking all the nails off! cos it just gets worse!

any tips? im hoping to do a course in infilling/rebalancing sometime

x

im the same and ive bin doin it 8 years!!! i always thought aswell its coz you use your rite hand more awell!! xx:D

Prep and apply the product to one nail at a time on your wrong hand. I always do this and dont get lifting anymore.

HTH

Rachel xx

will try that i always do my left hand irst just cs its easier and i like doing it but when it comes to the other hand i dread doing it cs im so wobbly lol

why do you think it desnt do it when you do your wrong hand first?

I quite often walk around with my wrong hand not done purely because I dread it too much. My clients have gotten so used to me having two different hands or one done and one not done. I always find an excuse not to do the wrong one (not all the time lol)

Every time I do my nails i always say I will do the wrong one first and never ever do :lol:

Hi, I also hate doing my right hand but always make myself do it first and then I can look forward to doing my left hand!. I think by doing it this way round your prep and application is more likely to be better as you are:-
1 ) Fresh and ready to go for it
2 ) Not trying to apply tips and product to your awkward hand with nail enhancements on ( I always feel a bit clumsy with new set on at first)
3 ) Not dreading doing your awkward hand

Also have you tried POPITS they are FANTASTIC for doing your own nails. Apart from just being a lot easier to apply to yourself ,I think that the light pressure that you have to apply when placing them on the nail is probably more than the pressure you could apply with you awkward hand and a brush, It is for me anyway.

This is my first post so I hope ot makes sense.

any tips? im hoping to do a course in infilling/rebalancing sometime

x

did you not get taught this on your course hun, i would have thought on an nvq level 3 course you would learn both applying new sets and infill/rebalance? if not try and get yourself on a course to learn this, i think it will be invaluable to you babe, if just learning myself at the mo, and if i wasnt being shown rebalance/infill, i would be very annoyed, surely thats as important as learning the application process?

jmho
xxx

i thought it would be necessary to learn infils/rebalancing too!
i was the one to ask he tutor when we are learning them.
all she said was 'i will go through the process but dont really need to go into depth' but i dont know what to do, she just explained that we need to file way the old acrylic and re apply zone 3. she was a really good tutor

i cant really afford to go to a training session to learn this yet :( just hope to hear some steps that nsi users do here
:)

xx

Latest posts

Back