Nails popping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaylou96

Reaction score
Hi I’ve not long passed my nail tech course and have been practicing on my daughters and family. My daughters nails have been on 2 days and 1 has popped off (acrylic) can anyone advise what I’m doing wrong please.

Can you confirm all steps taken and products used so we can help

Maybe a picture of her nails would help too x

So my steps taken are,

Sanitizer
Remove cuticle
Buff nail plate to remove shine
Remove all dust
Apply tip
Blend tip to the nail and remove dust
Apply primer to natural nail

Once I’ve done this I then go in with my acrylic (ASP from salon services) and then when all set file to shape.

I’m sure I’m doing everything right, I may be applying to close to free wall could this be the problem?

I’m sure I’m doing everything right, I may be applying to close to free wall could this be the problem?

If product makes contact with the skin, it will eventually lift.

Yeah I’m sure I’m getting the consistency right, maybe I’m to close to the free edge. Done another set today they seemed perfect used CJP today and find it a lot easier to work with.

Yeah I’m sure I’m getting the consistency right, maybe I’m to close to the free edge. Done another set today they seemed perfect used CJP today and find it a lot easier to work with.
Make sure you are not mixing systems here; i.e. use monomer liquid from a different brand with a different powder. They are meant to work together and using different brands means you will get unexpected results even service breakdowns.

I’m using same brand monomer with powder, will make sure I never mix. Thanks

I’m using same brand monomer with powder, will make sure I never mix. Thanks
Try to avoid thinning the nails by over buffing as you can't build a house over a weak foundation.

Very true, will make sure I don’t. Thank you so much for your advice, I passed my course last week and have been practicing non stop since. It gets frustrating not getting it right but with each set I’m feeling a little more confident.

Could you be over filing. This hsppened to me when I first started

I’m definitely filing loads as I seem to be making the nails look too bulky with too much acrylic. I seem to get the cuticle and free edge right however the apex seems to have far too much on. Any tips?

I’m definitely filing loads as I seem to be making the nails look too bulky with too much acrylic. I seem to get the cuticle and free edge right however the apex seems to have far too much on. Any tips?

Have a look at how Kirsty forms an acrylic bead. It shows you the correct size and correct ratio for the nail.

Latest posts

Back