Nails really hurt!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Muddlepup

Reaction score
I was told I could come here for help and assistance. If this is incorrect please delete.

A week ago I had my dip nail lacquer removed by an over zealous nail tech with a dremel.

no they are sore and thin and just look awful. I don't really care too much how they look but omg they hurt.
Of course I can go get them redipped or gelled but I would rather not. Is there anything else I can do to alleviate the pain while they grow out?

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi, sorry you've had a bad experience.

I can understand why you wouldn't want another dip/gel product applied. They'll hurt for a few days, you'll have to grow out the damaged nails but you can put a regular polish over them, it will help with things like hot and cold water pain. Don't use a hardener or strengthener as it will make them brittle. Keep them as short as possible.

Dip products are super soft and should never been removed with an efile. I really don't understand why people do it, soaking is faster and safer

Muddlepup

Reaction score
Thank you so much trinity!!! It's my fault! I should have known better when that dremel came out, but I'm a wuss and didn't say anything. I'm now the poster child on why you should!!!!

Latest posts