Nails | Scratch Announce Winners of Scratch Shoot Out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
If you didn't get a chance to get upstair at Olympia and see the Scratch Shoot Out Competition entries you definitely missed out. The creativity and thought that goes into each shot is truly mind-blowing and worthy of serious recognition. Of course, not all 49 entries could win and I, for one, was pleased that I didn't have to make the final decision.

But, a decision was made. Entries came in from all over the world including places as far-flung and fabulous as Tokyo and Vancouver and finally the judges decided on four winning images.

In joint third place (See? Even the judges struggled to decide!) were Sammy Grant from the UK with her striking monochrome image and Satu Airio from Finland with an image that is just as fabulous for its nails as it is for harking back to Bowie's Ziggy Stardust days. In second place was a Japanese entry from Mitsue Kanehara and in first place, the wonderful Paulina Zdrada with her perfect polka dots.

Congratulations and...

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Sammy Grant UK 36.jpg
    Sammy Grant UK 36.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Satu Airio FINLAND43.jpg
    Satu Airio FINLAND43.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Mitsue_Kanehara_JAPAN_27.jpg
    Mitsue_Kanehara_JAPAN_27.jpg