nails sliding off fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
:mad::mad: i am so ANNOYED with my sis-in-law.... done her nails last monday and they looked great,green glitters.anyway....she goes to my mums sat told her 5 of her nails slid of her fingers:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: while she was telling my mum she was picking the rest off:eek::eek:.... i have done lots of nails and NEVER heard anyone say nails slide of fingers....i sculpt and my nails last.....the last time i done her she picked them off so i am NOT doing them again im soooooo ANNOYED:mad:

i wouldnt bother doing them again for her either...did you charge her...?

no did not charge 1st or 2nd time but im with you on this i am NOT doing her nails again.........NEVER......thanks for the reply bagpuss xx

I bet if you was to charge her they would magically stay on her fingers...:lol:

haha !!!!!!!!!!!!! i bet they would like you say..................just like :Look_righmagic:Look_left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I think we have all had experiences of this. One of my clients said that a couple of her nails just popped off so she HAD to bite the rest off!! Consequently by the time she had finished hacking at them her nailbeds looked dreadful! Its ashame really because it gives a bad name to our profession.

my mum said while she sat there PICKING her nails that she was doing me no favours....... showing people what a good job i had done then telling them they SLID off.....then telling people she picked the rest off......people who do this then tell everyone we done them ARE giving us (pros)a bad them......it still makes me soooooo angry and to think its family aswell..:evil:

I have a client who has always been a "file down the FE my self" kind of girl... but what she did last week blew me away.. she used a pair of nail clippers to CUT her FE's this time.. first nail she did she said.. "oh it really hurt, and it made the edge all sharp and wow they are hard to cut!" but she didn't stop there Oh no, she did all 10.. came into me for a R/B and omg.. her nail plates were shattered all the way up to the hyponychium and beyond... silly silly woman.. shes read her aftercare advice many times and I specifically have on there DO NOT file down or cut your enhancements, leave it to the pro's.... *smacks forhead* anyone want her? lol

I have a client who has always been a "file down the FE my self" kind of girl... but what she did last week blew me away.. she used a pair of nail clippers to CUT her FE's this time.. first nail she did she said.. "oh it really hurt, and it made the edge all sharp and wow they are hard to cut!" but she didn't stop there Oh no, she did all 10.. came into me for a R/B and omg.. her nail plates were shattered all the way up to the hyponychium and beyond... silly silly woman.. shes read her aftercare advice many times and I specifically have on there DO NOT file down or cut your enhancements, leave it to the pro's.... *smacks forhead* anyone want her? lol
OMG thats dreadfull, you poor thing, i hope that i dont have to deal with someone like that!

sj, what a nasty sis-in-law you have, i definatly wouldnt do her nails again or if you do make sure you charge her full price

thank you amanda hun....i WONT be doing her no more....the cheeky so and so has not even told me found this all out from my mum:mad:.....thanks for all the support geeks i love this site and the people xxxxx

You can choose your friends, but not your family.
Can't live with 'em, can't shoot'em without going to prison:lol:

It's very simple logic: if the others were stuck on enough to have to be 'picked off'... then that says they never slid off in the first place.
Tell-tales marks of damage (the white?) where nail plater layers were ripped off will prove they were ALL ripped off and that none 'slipped off'.

Since she's family, and not a regular client; I'd tell her off and straight up too. That as family, she really ought to show more loyalty and respect to your skills, as opposed to bad-mouthing you as she has done. PARTICULARLY when all the damage was of her own making, and not a reflection of your skills
I wouldn't take that garbage from family, not for 10seconds.
But then, not everyone is like me:lol:

We have all had to deal with the odd "client" that does something like this, and have had no choice but to bite our tongues (to some degree) but this is FAMILY and she oughta know better!

I feel your frustration.
:hug:

thanks victoria...i am going to look at her nails.....WHEN she calls me cos she has not since i went round hers......i was feeling down when my mum told me because ,like you say,she is family..... but thanks to my loyal friendly geeks i feel lots,lots better now....thanks to everyone you have made me happy again xxxxx:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back