Nails that grow downwards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n@iledit

Reaction score
just had a txt from a clients who has nails that grow with a downward curve and she says after her infill today that 1 nail plate has a gap between it and the gel??? What can I do? And why did this happen? It has been fine for her full set and the last 3 infills.... Could it be that she goes 4-5 weeks between infills? Thanks in advance x

just had a txt from a clients who has nails that grow with a downward curve and she says after her infill today that 1 nail plate has a gap between it and the gel??? What can I do? And why did this happen? It has been fine for her full set and the last 3 infills.... Could it be that she goes 4-5 weeks between infills? Thanks in advance x
This type of nail shape is irregular and is just as awkward to maintain as a ski jump nail.

These clients need a brand new set every 3 months or the longer the nail the worse the problems get.

Remove product. Shorten all free edges to the minimum and then sculpt a new enhancement for the best look and the longest wear.

Thanks Geeg this makes perfect sense she was one of my first clients and that would be about 3months now. Do I need to take them off before next infill to re-do? And should this be free if it's needs doing now as she has just paid me for an infill?? X

Charge full price hun it's not your fault that she has irregular shaped nails (and although it's not hers either, work is work). One of my most loyal clients has ski jump nails and we take hers off after 6 infills to reapply. She's never complained about spending a little extra every couple of months and I'm sure your lady will be understanding too, and agree that it needs doing.

Xx

remove current set and do a new set and explain to client why you are doing this and that you will have to do it regularly. also try and get her to keep nails shorter rather than longer. most ppl are ok as long as you explain why you are having to do things the way that you do. This way thay grow to trust you and will listen to you xx

Latest posts

Back