Nails wont stick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Have been trin to practise set of nails on myself on and off for two days now,do all the prep as i were a client but the tips just wont stick on my nail late, have tried velocity and formation and still havein same problem, i am on some heavy medication at the mo due to skin problem could this be causing it?

Are you using Scrubfresh as if you were removing two coats of red polish - what adhesive do you use - I used gelbond and think it is correct - do the tips not stiock at all, as in you dont even get to apply L&P

sequinto said:
Have been trin to practise set of nails on myself on and off for two days now,do all the prep as i were a client but the tips just wont stick on my nail late, have tried velocity and formation and still havein same problem, i am on some heavy medication at the mo due to skin problem could this be causing it?

Sometimes new ones move the tip around when they are applying, or don't apply enough pressure.
If you move the tip around at all, you will interrupt the setting process and will have to start again.
If you are not applying enough pressure (sometimes hard on yourself) then the adhesive won't set because it sets with firm pressure.
Press down firmly on the nail and if necessary hold for 10 seconds all the time applying firm even pressure and no adjustments to the tip. AND don't check it!! It will stick.

Hi Lindag i only use scrubfresh i cleaned my nal plate about 10 times use gelbond have not got as far as acrylic cos tips wont stick

geeg said:
Sometimes new ones move the tip around when they are applying, or don't apply enough pressure.
If you move the tip around at all, you will interrupt the setting process and will have to start again.
If you are not applying enough pressure (sometimes hard on yourself) then the adhesive won't set because it sets with firm pressure.
Press down firmly on the nail and if necessary hold for 10 seconds all the time applying firm even pressure and no adjustments to the tip. AND don't check it!! It will stick.
Thnx gigi will give it another go, but i,m sure i,m doin it right cos applied nails to myself before with no probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back