Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hi, Just got my december issue of Nails. :) How nice it is to see many people off these boards featured :) Especially Dawnie, how lovely to see
someone with a disability, prove that they can make it. :D :D
Well done Dawnie xxx

Hi Lesley
Aww bless thank you for your kind words.
I think that if you have a disability you need to prove to yourself that you can follow your dreams.............I was hearing until 20 yrs ago so for years I just shut off from everything as it was so hard to cope. But then I thought hey its only my ears that don't work lol.
But I think having my hearing dog has given me so much confidence and gave me the push that I needed.
I am not saying it was easy as it was so hard having to train in the hearing world so tiring and so stressful but that was all there was so I had no alternative if I wanted to get into the profession of nails, and here I am three years later learning new things all the time.
Cheers Dawnie and Mullie xx

Way to go Dawn, brilliant article, I`m well proud to know you

Sorry to repeat what so many readers of nails must be thinking but wow :shock: Dawnie...what a lady! Reading your article and in particular the struggles you have had with your training has given me a massive boost of inspiration. I made the decision to train in nails last year after I fell ill with a mystery illness which turned out to be renal failure. Obviously this has affected many areas of my life and not all negativly...for instance now I know when I am well enough to return to work it will be as an all singing and dancing nail tech who is doing a job that she dreamed of :D and not as a designer who was merely earning a living :( (this is of course after I have finished my amazing creative training! :D )
I didnt think I needed any more convincing but Dawnie you did it...So big thanks to you :salute:
And by the way...I thought Mullie looked very handsome in the pics :thumbsup:

J.X.

:meow: :meow: :meow:

I just have to Echo what everyones saying... In a nutshell... you have helped people listen by your very cool and very inspirational story.

Cheers chick... heres to you
cheers.gif

Well love,
It was a fantastic bit of writing there...........
Very well put, this should encourage anyone with a physical disability to take a look around................
Disabled people are just that disabled........not over the hill or stupid........

You just don't know how much I admire you and how much I treasure our friendship ...........
Not because you are deaf and made it...because you are you and a fab person................
Enough soppy stuff,lets get tough........
And if your Fabrci# nails where pants I would soon tell ya ............
But hey babe, they are fab...............

Glad you all liked the article and I look forward to any comments that may help disabled people follow there dreams, if I can help anyone then please get in touch even if its just for a boost of confidence.
I for one have had so much help from this board and have gained so many dear friends and they just don't let me stop learning lol cheers Ruth ;)
I think its true to say that if you want something so bad then you just don't let any thing get in your way, you just go out there kick some butt and do it lol.
One thing that would be great is training videos on DVD with sub titles believe me its no fun watching training videos and getting so frustrated as you ain't got a clue what they are going on about :shock:
So heres to the future

Cheers all take care Dawnie and Mullie (ass nail tech lol)

i have been reading nails mag from page to page and it is so nice to reconise people from this site in there!!

Hi Peeps,

What a fab article Dawnie, it really makes the rest of us think doesn't it?

To my amazement :shock: the letter I sent has been featured on the postbag page :D . It is the last one asking them to do an article helping newbies (like myself) avoid the pitfalls when setting up a business. Nails are going to do a new series on this subject :D . I must say that I nearly choked on my cup of tea when I saw it had been published :D .

Sharon

hey guys

Just been informed that my competition nails are featured in the Colchester 'do' review...as I dont get the magazine, could someone pleeeeease possibly scan it in for me?! :oops:

xxlaylaxx

Consider it done! :D

Laystar the nails you did were fabulous! I am really impressed.

And Sharon, Thank you for writing that letter! I was so pleased somebody had done that when I read it. I just hope they choose to write an article regarding it pretty soon!

Dawnie well done on a fantastic article you are one very talented lady :thumbsup:

It's taken me ages to get around to posting this.
Just wanted to say that I'm so pleased you all liked the article on Dawn – she truly is an inspiration and I was delighted to be able to run the story in Nails mag.

If anyone else has an equally inspirational story, I'd love to hear it, so please drop me an email either here or at [email protected]

And any of you who aren't receiving the mag should call the subscriptions hotline on 0800 328 1178. There are some great subscriptions offers coming up in the February issue…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back