Nailympia London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
I haven't been around for a little while as life has been really hectic for me but HELLO! :)

I'm just wondering who else is competing at Nailympia London this year? And what are you entering?

Xxx

In thinking of competing in mixed media but haven't registered yet...
There's sooo many things I want to do and train in this year 😟, I think I will make my box and if I don't register I'll save it for next year.
What are you entering?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey Emily!

I am! I'm on your team too! I'm doing gel polish! Xx

JemmaB go for it! I started my Mixed Media piece on Thursday and am loving it. It's kind of like doing coursework instead of an exam so much more relaxed. That sounds like a great idea, no pressure!

I'm also entering Sculpted and Tip/Overlay L&P and gel polish! Possibly salon nails but I'm not sure yet. I really wanted to enter Fantasy but it's so much work and I have a business/boyfriend/family to deal with as well as this Mixed Media, I'm not sure I will get a chance to do everything need to do... However, I will be gutted if it's not around next year because they need more Fantasy entries so I may just try anyway. Decisions, decisions...

Hi Sheena! 😉

Xxx

I'm tempted to enter but scared ! I'd probably start with maybe gel polish or salon nails as I don't think I'm as good as some of the competition nails I've seen ! I've always wanted to but never plucked up the courage to enter !

I'm tempted to enter but scared ! I'd probably start with maybe gel polish or salon nails as I don't think I'm as good as some of the competition nails I've seen ! I've always wanted to but never plucked up the courage to enter !

Kate, don't be scared...I've never entered a competition before and really wanted to do this really to challenge myself as I tend to get set in my ways and miss opportunities by doing so...so this year I'm trying to push myself to do things I'd never have the nerve to do.

What they say about your first competition is that it's all about the experience...not actually winning...then you gain from that experience and enter again with the expectation of winning...but blimey, if you win your first comp then it's a huge bonus.

Think outside the box Xx

MummyCat is right, it's about the experience! I've never entered competitions before either and I'm so nervous.

The way I see it is I am not competing to win. I am competing to better myself and provide my clients with a better service (it will help me cut down my timing and learn to create the perfect nail out of habit).

Do it for you, to challenge yourself/improve your skills and meet new people :)

Xxx

I'm entering mixed media & runway, it's my first comp, can't wait. Didn't know if they had a theme for mixed media, seems you choose your theme. I'm finding that hardest of all, thinking of something original. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm entering mixed media & runway, it's my first comp, can't wait. Didn't know if they had a theme for mixed media, seems you choose your theme. I'm finding that hardest of all, thinking of something original. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi. I was trying to find out about the theme for mixed media and came across this thread. Did you manage to find out if there was one or do you choose you own? I was thinking of entering the Mixed Media and Runway too x

There is no theme for the mixed media box nails :) you can do anything as long as does not infringe on any copywrites, examples like Disney, films, etc etc they'll deduct points if they believe it does

Hth

There is no theme for the mixed media box nails :) you can do anything as long as does not infringe on any copywrites, examples like Disney, films, etc etc they'll deduct points if they believe it does

Hth

Thank you x

Any one entering mixed media? What are y'all using to secure your tips together?

Latest posts

Back