Nailympics - few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasik

Reaction score
Yeah, work got a bit boring, I have a feeling I need some chilli added ;).
I am aiming in soak off and l&p, maybe gel depending how much time will I find to prep before competitons.

Does anyone know, if I need a separate model for each competition? Or can I remove nails and bring the same person the next day? Luckily day one is soak off gel, day two l&p and day three gel.

I have already checked ticket prices, accomodation - I will have to pay for me and the model, alltogether it is adding to round big numbers.. I will not be able bring 3 girls with me.

I have someone to train with for competiton in l&p, but soak off is quite new - how are tables scored? What is important? Salon l&p and competition l&p are not the same, but what about soak off gels? Are there criteria also different for salon work and comp. work? I am trying to figure out something, but honestly not a clue.
Any word appreciated.
Also hints, where to stay and not to pay a fortune..

i have nothing constructive to say except that i'm jealous. :biggrin:

i have nothing constructive to say except that i'm jealous. :biggrin:

Why? It is not that I feel confident with my work. Well with soak off gels maybe, the more I am suspicious, that I may be missing something. But with enhancements - ohh, noo, I really need to bring my game up and I guess trainig and perfecting for Nailympics may be a good idea. With clients it is totally different - time is an issue, not a perfect outcome. I always see imperfections when I finish, it makes me crazy and I really need a reason to spend some time perfecting unuseful for everyday work skills :). I just need a reason, without it its difficult to motivate myself. And I know that my salon work with also profit from it :).

Oh wow good luck to you, will you keep us posted on your progress? :)

Have a look at the rules and regulations page on the Nailympics website - Rules

I found this section for you:

"SOAK OFF GEL MANICURE RULES

1 - This competition is done on natural nails only.

2 - The model is to come with nails ready to be manicured.

3 - Competitors will be scored on table presentation, so it’s recommended to be creative in your presentation. The table will be scored prior to the start of the competition WITHOUT the gel system of choice and UV/LED light on the table. Table should not have any products with company labels on it during the judging. Judges will give their score based on a manicure style set up. Once the table has been scored the competitor can then put out their gel system and any branded products on the table.

4 - Nails are to be manicured during the competition. Soaking is NOT required. Nails must be enhanced and covered with any type of soak off gel product - not traditional nail polish.
One hand is to be created in a solid red colour.
One hand is to be finished in a traditional French manicure style. Using white on the free edge and French shades on the plate. No glitter, shimmer or frost permitted. All colours must be free of pearl and opalescence.

5 – Competitor’s may be requested to soak-off one nail for the judges, to prove it’s a ‘soak-off’ formula being used."

Oh wow good luck to you, will you keep us posted on your progress? :)

Have a look at the rules and regulations page on the Nailympics website - Rules

Sure I will :).
Official site I know and I have read it all, a few times :). I rather ask for what is not written in rules. Like judging criteria - those regarding l&p I know, and I am aware how picky and thorough judges are, what I need to work on, and I will have good trainig form former winner of course.
But how are tables scored? What is important? What mistakes to avoid? etc..

Sure I will :).
Official site I know and I have read it all, a few times :). I rather ask for what is not written in rules. Like judging criteria - those regarding l&p I know, and I am aware how picky and thorough judges are, what I need to work on, and I will have good trainig form former winner of course.
But how are tables scored? What is important? What mistakes to avoid? etc..

Hopefully some one who has competed in the past will pop along and be able to help :) Good to know! Sorry I couldnt help more.

I hope to be able to enter in future!

OMG, really? That is all? I was really hoping for more. :)

I didn't do nailympics last yr but did the professional beauty one. I did gel polish one day and enhancements the next. It was fine just a hassle to soak off and prep again for the next day but doable!

For gel polish I was given 40 mins (nailympics is 60) someone gave me the advice to do a finger at a time res, French and so on. I didn't do this. It was told after comp to try this so maybe worth a shot. X

I didn't do nailympics last yr but did the professional beauty one. I did gel polish one day and enhancements the next. It was fine just a hassle to soak off and prep again for the next day but doable!

For gel polish I was given 40 mins (nailympics is 60) someone gave me the advice to do a finger at a time res, French and so on. I didn't do this. It was told after comp to try this so maybe worth a shot. X

So I can have one model? Nice.
Did not quite understand second part?
And regarding soak off I wonder how is table set up scored? What is important.
On sunday I have training :). Will see how it goes.

Sooo, I had my first training today. I'm exhausted, but happy, although it seems there is a lot of work ahead of me.. Salon nails are soo different.

The set I made today was horrible, made lots of stupid mistakes. But I took pictures anyway, so I can document my improvements.

There is lifting visible, I did no prep, as I we planned to remove nails right away, also no oil or cream or proper cleaning :D

aqOYZym0rVvXDtqdUX.jpg

Latest posts

Back