Nailympics - where are all the UK winners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Louise, I have a SEA team at the moment but me and Natalia are going to put together another NON-SEA team ready for Nailympics next year for techs who are interested, so we are able to take our expertise and contacts to open up opportunities and help people who are Non-SEAs and who wants to compete in the competition arena, and of course - also to make our UK stamp back into the competition scene.

The support and confidence that comes from being a member of a team is very encouraging. The bonding and dedication is what wins.

You are of course welcomed to form one yourself - the more teams from the UK, the better. But we are here at the London Academy if anyone needs us.

And thank you for your kinds words.

I'd be interested in joining, I feel I'm ready for SOG category but not confident for salon nails yet. Do you have a criteria for your members? Xx

Louise you have the competition queen on your door step! Liza Smith has the Creative Academy in Kent and I'm sure you'd be able to do a one to one with her working on competition nails! I know she'd be there person I would want to go to if I was going to compete!!

The thing with all the competition winners is its a full time job for them! That's all they do is compete they are usually sponsored by a brand which pay them so they can concentrate on training. Just like any other competitive sport. It's a big thing to them and costs a lot of money traveling back and forth you've got to be prepared to put a lot of time and money into competitions

Louise you have the competition queen on your door step! Liza Smith has the Creative Academy in Kent and I'm sure you'd be able to do a one to one with her working on competition nails! I know she'd be there person I would want to go to if I was going to compete!!

The thing with all the competition winners is its a full time job for them! That's all they do is compete they are usually sponsored by a brand which pay them so they can concentrate on training. Just like any other competitive sport. It's a big thing to them and costs a lot of money traveling back and forth you've got to be prepared to put a lot of time and money into competitions

Yes i know that Amelia,i need my training with Liza back in 2004 when i left college and have since discussed competitions etc with her when i was working with her on LS RUNWAY team.I did get her critique on my nails back in march .
Ps we met briefly at shellac ea pre qualification day :)

I'd be interested in joining, I feel I'm ready for SOG category but not confident for salon nails yet. Do you have a criteria for your members? Xx

It's not 'members' as such. Just my non-SEA students that have expressed their interest in competing. The only 'criteria' you need is 100% dedication. Skills and techniques can be learnt; Dedication comes from the heart.

We have CND Ambassadors all over the country, Amelia is right, there is Liza Smith in Kent and Justine Crick in Essex who are both very experienced in the competition scene. If anyone is interested, you should contact your nearest Ambassador to see if they would offer any competition classes nearer to yourselves. Otherwise, we will be arranging some classes in the new year at the London Academy ready for Olympia in Sep.

We have the help of Natalia Mihailova and Ketan Patel at the London Academy, supporting and mentoring a team of competitors from beginning to end takes a lot of time and planning.

Gel Manicure and salon nails are only two of the category, there are many other category to choose from also.

It's not 'members' as such. Just my non-SEA students that have expressed their interest in competing. The only 'criteria' you need is 100% dedication. Skills and techniques can be learnt; Dedication comes from the heart.

We have CND Ambassadors all over the country, Amelia is right, there is Liza Smith in Kent and Justine Crick in Essex who are both very experienced in the competition scene. If anyone is interested, you should contact your nearest Ambassador to see if they would offer any competition classes nearer to yourselves. Otherwise, we will be arranging some classes in the new year at the London Academy ready for Olympia in Sep.

We have the help of Natalia Mihailova and Ketan Patel at the London Academy, supporting and mentoring a team of competitors from beginning to end takes a lot of time and planning.

Gel Manicure and salon nails are only two of the category, there are many other category to choose from also.

Well Anna i am booking in for my brisa lite sculpting with you very soon...I will talk to you more then. Ketan knows me very well so will be good to see him again

Thank you, I am booked in with Liza Smith for another skills building class next week so will have a chat x

So, as has been mentioned on this thread, Scratch, Alex Fox, Anna-Lee and I have got together and arranged a free seminar for all those that want to understand how Nailympia (formally known as the nailympics) works, how to enter and, most importantly, how to have a chance of winning!

We are holding it on a. Sunday near Brent cross in London and Alex is coming to cover it for the mag and also answer any questions.

To prevent any time wasters, there is a deposit of £30 that will all go towards an entry fee.

You asked where all the UK competitors are! Well nows the time to be helped a little bit along the way! This is not a practical session, it is an interactive seminar.

See the Nailympia FB page or the news section on here.

See you all there!

I could of done with some form of practical...???
Perhaps a "Demo"???PRETTY PLEASE

I could of done with some form of practical...???
Perhaps a "Demo"???PRETTY PLEASE

This isn't about practical help. Your brand educators need to provide that!

So many people wanted help to make a UK presence at Nailympia!! This thread has gone surprisingly quite now we have provided the help!!??

I'm coming! I can't wait :D Thank you so much for taking the time to arrange this for us xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mum, I think it will be very popular! I would come but far too scared of competing!! Not if the geeks on this thread live near to or within London but I think it's a valuable experience for anyone interested in competing! I think it will fill up pretty quickly!

Last edited:
Im going :) im really going to push myaelf and go for it this year, even if it does mean travelling.
Is anyone else going?

Edit- oh nooo its sooner than I thought :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I'm going! I can't wait!

I'm really trying to get out of my comfort zone!

id love to get to a standard to be able to enter but my nails are miles off competition standards

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im hoping to, just looking at traveling by train, then im paying my deposit. Good thread to read through on a Sunday Morning.:biggrin:

I'm coming as are a few girls from 'the Geek Meet' we are all FB getting very excited. :)

Latest posts

Back