Nailzoo .. We Miss You

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww Carl!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling strange just now. I know that nothing we can say on here will perform miracles, but I hope that you know that we're all here and care about you a lot.

I'm also sorry we've not had much chance to chat in the past as I love your posts and, having browsed extensively on your website, you have never failed to amaze me with your skill, talent and sheer SPEED!!!! I know that if, at some point in the future, I could do a set of nails, taking me twice as long and doing them only half as well as you do them I know I'll be doing pretty bloody well!

You have achieved what many others only aspire to.

Luvnhugs and with the greatest respect,

Kirst
:hug:

Hi Carl,
I have just read your post and I have to say that it came as a bit of a shock! You are always quite 'tough' in your posts and I was therefore expecting you to pop up and say 'get a grip girls!'.
Although you and I don't share a friendship / relationship like you and many of the other geeks have formed over the years, I do feel a fondness and respect for you and your no ribbons approach to the industry which drives our shared passion.
I am sorry that you are feeling down at the moment - It feels a bit like seeing your Dad cry for the first time....... Although you are far too young to be my Dad!! :lol:

I hope that you can come through whatever you are feeling. It would be nice if we, your geek family, can help you there.

For now, here is a hug :hug:. Positive energy coming your way!!
Lauri x

yeah i second everything lauri said,
i love your no nonesense way and say it as you see it approach to this site, its refreshing and your jokes and links make me smile all the time, i too have missed this ,

but having been in the place you are in, many many times hun, i truly understand why you aint been on, take each day as it comes, and dont be hard on yourself for feeling this way hunny, i really hope you feel better soon, you know where we are if you need anything

hope to see you around soon xxxxxx:hug:

Just wanted to send big hugs & hope the cloud lifts soon!! Damn them black clouds, they should be band!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :)

Missing your witty and thought provoking posts Carl. I hope your feeling better with each day. :hug:

Very selfish of me I know but I am so very glad that you have come back to us we missed you loads:hug:

I hope your clouds start to lift soon and that if any of us can be of any help then please just holler:hug:

:hug::hug::hug:
Sounds like you are in need of some serious "you" time.
I get like that at times and just lock myself up for a while. I usually find an afternoon with my hairdresser (who is a very loving, giving person) picks me up.
Lots and lots love to you.
XXXXX

Yup Carl I have been in that black hole, clients zapping your energy and the winter weather bring on the SAD. It's not a good place to be and hope you can dig your way out soon and rejoin us :hug:. Sounds like you need some time off mate to recharge xxx

Nice to see you back on the site again Carl, I hope you get your 'old self' back again soon :hug: xx

As insignifigant (hehehehe??) as this may be....
I completely understood your words - not too heavy.
Chin up.
Megan xx

I hope some of you may understand where i'm coming from ...... but then again I hope you don't (i'm in a strange place) and feel I'm treading water. Perhaps professional help is in order? At least I'm aware of how I'm feeling.

Carl,

Sorry you are in the Batcave. I think we have all been in our own Batcave, possibly more than once. It is good that you can acknowledge and try to process your thoughts and feelings. But why not share the burden? I found that counselling helps. It makes you see and think things from a different perspective. I found it very cathartic.

Take care

OH DEAR...... I hope I haven't caused unnecessary concern, sorry if I have.

I have kinda been in hiding as such, when I'm not feeling "right", I kinda go into solitude, (I call it batcaving), I stay in my batcave (heated bedroom in winter) to just quietly think my own thoughts without burdenning others.

It's winter here, I work alone, finding it difficult to be the entertainer one on one 8 hours a day .... and am in desperate need of a holiday ....... (not being funny), but it's almost like I have PMT everyday at the moment.

Winter here is quite odd, many people find it difficult to adjust, including clients. Lately they have been stretching out their appointments ..... some by 2 weeks or more. I find myself ressurecting nails rather than refilling (which stresses me to the max) working to a strict timeframe with so much work to do ...... yep, I have sacked a few clients lately.

I like my work to be respected (and at the moment I feel it's not). It's unusual for me to feel dissilusioned .... but hey, I guess I'm only human.

When I'm not at the salon I'm almost an Introvert these days, just last week I thought I was suffering from agoraphobia and the only place I feel safe is the salon ...... but I'm disliking some of my clients also (go figure).

Perhaps it's menopause, nailpause, geekpause or just plain stress? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm going mad (madder)? It's difficult to explain where I am and what I feel at the moment. I hope some of you may understand where i'm coming from ...... but then again I hope you don't (i'm in a strange place) and feel I'm treading water. Perhaps professional help is in order? At least I'm aware of how I'm feeling.

Sounds strange huh? I'm just trying to honestly explain myself, my actions and my feelings. Hope it's not to heavy for you.

Checking this post made laugh out loud (the dog thinks I'm mad).

Bagpuss ..... your nails are coming along nicely (although they would look better a sports length), you should be getting a call from Footballers Wives production team any day now.

The Becks pix worked a treat too (he's coming downunder shortly).

Anyways, thanks again for the messages (and for making me feel better)

Carl
(as as Arnie said quite a few times) "I'll be back"

HERE'S A LINK YOU CAN HAVESOME FUN WITH

Gar!! the dreaded Aussie winter blues!! Not to mention that this might be the coldest Winter i can remember!
Agrophobia is a massive problem.. there is history of it in my family.. My mum didnt leave the house for 6 years!! thing is.. as hard as it is.. even with panic attacks crashing your body you HAVE to work through it.. face your fears and do it anyway.. as me dear ol' ma says! :hug::hug:
BTW its nice to meet you.. im a HUGE fan.. (crawly bum lick!)
I hope you feel better soon mate..

sorry, i have been away for awhile, why is he not coming onto the site?

Carolep his reply is at the top of the page hun!! HTH :)

Latest posts

Back